Vintage TOYOTA MOTOR Hand Tools and "TEQ" Accessories (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A different bottle opener. 👌

ED473E71-72AB-48EA-8C9E-B67CEA84039F.jpeg
9115B7A9-7B4F-4763-8F0A-DFE2794924DE.jpeg

@lp2k , yup that’s right Leon. The green box was available from at least 1981 (maybe earlier - I don’t know for sure). Color changed to gray in an unknown year. I suspect late 90’s or 00’s, but I have nothing to substantiate that. I feel the older steel TEQ box is far higher on the coolness scale, but this type outranks it in utility.

Thanks @dmamj - keep me in mind if you come across a toyota motors 5 wrench set with the clip for my toyota motors box and any 10mm or 12mm in 3/8 short for toyota motors (no engravings)

Back on topic. Here's a mid-to late 50's small steel driver kit that should contain more bulbs, fuses, points, electrical tape, and a few other things I couldn't make out from the parts list. 6 1/2" x 4 1/2" x 2". Nicely stamped both TEQ and TOYOTA MOTOR. Last pic shows it next to the old steel tool box for scale.

View attachment 2758234View attachment 2758235View attachment 2758237

View attachment 2758236

Hey Dan, here's your Driver Kit box pictured in a 1960 Toyopet Dyna RK95 Owner's Manual.
1653844518121.jpeg

1653844535325.jpeg

@jblatz that is excellent info. Appreciate the enlightenment. I would have bet it wasn’t later than 1959. Those old Toyota manuals sure come in handy!

There was previous discussion about Toyota’s choice of bulb manufacturer. The bulb pictured above is Stanley. Stanley has shown up in other applications rather than Koito. Was Koito originally just for headlights and tail lights, and Stanley for accessories?

There was previous discussion about Toyota’s choice of bulb manufacturer. The bulb pictured above is Stanley. Stanley has shown up in other applications rather than Koito. Was Koito originally just for headlights and tail lights, and Stanley for accessories?

Many interior bulbs are also Koito. Curious where Stanley fit in the picture too!

This small box is similar to the other “Toyota Accessories” boxes, just slightly smaller and earlier. The HA-1 was the first sewing machine model produced by Toyota, beginning in 1946 if I’m not mistaken. Presuming the box was produced at that time also. The “TOYOTA” font matches the sign in the last pic.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
C5C30BD2-046C-412B-9CE4-DEE8C4AA811D.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom