HDJ100 Factory trailer wiring? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

I am hopeful that some of our friends in Europe will chime in about this, @Moridinbg or @YvesNL possibly. Do European early LHD HDJ100 wire harnesses (1998-2002) have the Factory plug that plugs into a trailer brake controller behind the steering column like some of the US spec 100's do? Is the trailer wiring present in the harness from front (near steering column) to back (trailer hitch) of the LHD European HDJ100 trucks? My question is, do European HDJ100's have this trailer wiring and connection already or does the entire aftermarket trailer wiring harness need to be install for trailer brakes etc.?

Thank you in advance for your help and info.

I have stock looking harness in the back where my European 13 pin thing connects, but mine is not early, it's 2005.
Knowing Toyota, you should have all the plugs for all possible factory options. There is a single harness for all trims and markets (with LHD/RHD variations)

Thank you for the reply! I’ll have a closer look and see if I can find anything that resembles the Factory plug.

By the way, would it be possible to post the 13 pin plug you have as a reference?

I recently treated some rust in the back and came access these plugs, lot of them were unused:
IMG_20210918_190311.jpg

I can take some more pics if you want, mines made in October 2001.

I did a quick search on the forum about a trailer brake plug under the dash but couldn't find it.
Do you have a picture of the plug you're looking for (from the web)?

Mine is connected via 2 cables. One goes to this plug on the passenger side

IMG_4895.jpeg

The other comes from the driver side, directly out of a grommet in the body, which is strange. It's the thinner cable behind the main harness. It might be a previous owner thing. Not sure which wires are coming from it. No idea what the empty plug is for.

IMG_4894.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom