8274 Winch Mounting Plate (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks good! Bikepacker as well?

Not as much bike packing as I'd like. That's primarily my commuter bike, when the roads are clear. Got all the bike-packing gear for race, Smoke and Fire 400, a few years ago, but have only done that race and a shake-down trip prior. I'd like to do more, but just haven't made the commitment.

Thanks to @YotaRecon97 for posting these pics in his thread!

IMG_4256.JPG

IMG_4258.JPG

IMG_4254.JPG

IMG_4095.JPG

IMG_4089.JPG

I need one, just picked up the winch. Haven’t welded since I got certified, since shipping is so expensive to the extremities, I’ll do the flat pack option.

Chris (or any who have mounted with this kit - @derail, @HamanaRob , @desmocruiser , @Owyhee Jackass , @WaTrout88 ).

Did you mount your fairlead to just the bumper or did you drill and run bolts through the front section of the support?

In post #103 above it looks like the user drilled holes into the long front section of plate, on either side of the cable passage. But - and I am not in front of my truck at the moment or I'd just go look - it seems like there might be space for a short bolt and nut between the OEM bumper and this kit to hold the fairlead on.

Sorry to put a question in the storefront section, but thought this would get the most focused advice.

Thanks for any guidance.
Regards,
TDC.-

Did you mount your fairlead to just the bumper or did you drill and run bolts through the front section of the support?
I went all the way through the support. It sits almost flush to the backside of the bumper, not sure how you would mount it to just the bumper.

Dan

Question. Does the bolts that mount the fairlead fo through the bumper and bracket into the winch? Finally getting around to mounting my 8274. How long are those bolts? Please advise.

Question. Does the bolts that mount the fairlead fo through the bumper and bracket into the winch? Finally getting around to mounting my 8274. How long are those bolts? Please advise.
You can do either… can bolt it just to the bumper or through the bracket. I recommend going just to the bumper because there is a gap between the bumper and support bracket and if you tighten too much you can deform the bumper.

You can do either… can bolt it just to the bumper or through the bracket. I recommend going just to the bumper because there is a gap between the bumper and support bracket and if you tighten too much you can deform the bumper.
Can confirm

I thought I had a more recent picture from when the boy-child and I have subsequently wound the cable on, and straightened some of the other bits (got the bolts matching across the bumper, moved and tightened up the fog lights). Still need to get the mount plate and bumper reinforcement painted or powder coated (I'll probably go stock-bumper pewter), but a move has delayed things a little bit. Wanted to say thanks here with a mostly-installed-photo, before things got too crazy and the truck is on a trailer.

All that said, wanted to get a picture to ya', and express how pleased I am with the product (and the customer service ofc).

Oh, props to @Fourrunner too for the rebuilt 8274!!

1654776397850.png

I thought I had a more recent picture from when the boy-child and I have subsequently wound the cable on, and straightened some of the other bits (got the bolts matching across the bumper, moved and tightened up the fog lights). Still need to get the mount plate and bumper reinforcement painted or powder coated (I'll probably go stock-bumper pewter), but a move has delayed things a little bit. Wanted to say thanks here with a mostly-installed-photo, before things got too crazy and the truck is on a trailer.

All that said, wanted to get a picture to ya', and express how pleased I am with the product (and the customer service ofc).

Oh, props to @Fourrunner too for the rebuilt 8274!!

View attachment 3029271
that looks so good! thanks for sharing! @Fourrunner want to rebuild my 8274?~!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom