Builds 1997 FZJ80 to HDJ80 1HD-FTE + H152F (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I wonder if he's taking requests for the next venture. Mark me down as coilpacked 1FZ + H151 combo so I can be full jelly.
BA1C1EC5-FF75-4B0C-AF52-CE0BACBD031E.jpeg
936AF062-9779-489E-B46D-4926FE924C26.jpeg

That screeching sound is several folks pulling up a chair!

Glad to see it, looking forward to following along!!!

That screeching sound is several folks pulling up a chair!

Glad to see it, looking forward to following along!!!

I’m lobbying for a change of venue (forum) for that driveline.

If this is a new from Toyota 1FZ-FE present day, Spring 2022, bravo to you and whoever has access to this beauty.

NOS coil pack long block. I will let John say as much or whatever else he wants to post.

Cheers

Yup, full Lockwood. Boom goes the dynamite.

If this is a new from Toyota 1FZ-FE present day, Spring 2022, bravo to you and whoever has access to this beauty.
I purchased this engine last year at some point. I think towards the end of summer. It’s a new coil pack 1FZ from the Middle East. No distributor and no EGR. @OGBeno helped source all the other parts - including a brand new throttle body - to make this a complete engine. There were a lot of other parts purchased as well for a project for which I did not even have a truck. Now I have a truck but I’m not sure about the engine. It’s super cool and all but I think I may go a different route but I’ll get into that if/when there is a build thread. For now it’s a super cool, complete and brand new engine.

I purchased this engine last year at some point. I think towards the end of summer. It’s a new coil pack 1FZ from the Middle East. No distributor and no EGR. @OGBeno helped source all the other parts - including a brand new throttle body - to make this a complete engine. There were a lot of other parts purchased as well for a project for which I did not even have a truck. Now I have a truck but I’m not sure about the engine. It’s super cool and all but I think I may go a different route but I’ll get into that if/when there is a build thread. For now it’s a super cool, complete and brand new engine.
Big ups for sharing the photo. As an 80 lover, it's really cool to see present day that such a thing exists having just gone through a new 1FZ-FE long block build. Big fan of Beno as well as T enthusiast. Perhaps one day I'll have him in my rolodex so I can source some scarce T parts squirreled away some place on planet Earth.

Big ups for sharing the photo. As an 80 lover, it's really cool to see present day that such a thing exists having just gone through a new 1FZ-FE long block build. Big fan of Beno as well as T enthusiast. Perhaps one day I'll have him in my rolodex so I can source some scarce T parts squirreled away some place on planet Earth.
I found some other photos of it as well.
39A55CA1-C66C-494E-8E28-DE8E9D981291.jpeg

33D01062-D61C-4879-93A4-5CA6F5E8117A.jpeg
0B27DE17-E694-4B74-B3E0-D5716987BEFA.jpeg

I actually sourced the long block, two were available, John grabbed one.

I also sourced the 1HDFTE long block that is in his red 80 now.

And before folks start sending me pm’s, no more are not available. These were 20yr old long blocks that had been sitting in a warehouse.

Cheers

I actually sourced the long block, two were available, John grabbed one.

I also sourced the 1HDFTE long block that is in his red 80 now.

And before folks start sending me pm’s, no more are not available. These were 20yr old long blocks that had been sitting in a warehouse.

Cheers
You have a long reach.

@ohsix tagging you in this thread so I don’t clog up that restoration thread @SNLC has going. As for selling, that’s a tough one for me. I have too many projects as it is. There have been several days when I said I would sell the truck. To be honest, I’ve told a few people that it could be bought. But we never talked money and I have not figured up how much I spent on the truck. I don’t even think the numbers fairly reflect the value because there is a lot of stuff going on with the truck that probably cannot be replicated that easily today.

I have a lot of effort invested in this truck. I recall going to a Western Union in a local Publix because I needed to send $5,000 to some guy I did not even know (in the Middle East) and the high school cashier kid tried to tell me I was getting scammed. The sad part is that there were so many occasions where I did crap like that for this truck that I could not even tell you what was being purchased at this point. I sent so much at one point my account was frozen and I had to get a friend to send some transfers for me. Thank you @OGBeno.

I expect that I will never get back the money invested and it’s not about the money. The point I’m trying to make is that I am deeply invested in this truck for numerous reasons - a lot of them just mental.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom