What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (93 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

C03771FF-AC7E-49B5-9CEC-D8D79A8C17A1_1_201_a.jpeg

Say Hey Ya'all
SOR TuffDuck seat cover in brown for my 80 series Lx450

Last edited:
But this little guy was way too close to my camp for my family's comfort.

I get it, I had to kill this guy a couple years ago shed hunting with a buddy. This snake was about 3 feet from my buddy's back and getting closer, he was sitting against a cliff and the snake was following the same cliff. It would was almost a disaster but I noticed the snake and quickly wacked it with my trekking pole than disposed of it.

This guy is a Mojave green, they are an extra dangerous rattlesnake

20200517_114853.jpg

Local’ish dealer called me and asked if I wanted a short block that was ordered for a customer in 2020 and not picked up. Sure. Picked it up today. Perfect timing for a restoration I’m doing.

D1AAC102-0B47-4A4D-9924-3D8E078DEA49.jpeg

Local’ish dealer called me and asked if I wanted a short block that was ordered for a customer in 2020 and not picked up. Sure. Picked it up today. Perfect timing for a restoration I’m doing.

View attachment 3022102
Lucky for you that this dealer did not know the process to return unclaimed special orders. :)

Lucky for you that this dealer did not know the process to return unclaimed special orders. :)
It’s a southeast Toyota dealer. Not sure how they work, I’m sure you do. Oddly, I’ve ordered parts there that I’ve forgotten about, didn’t get s call when they came in from backorder. Sometimes I need them again and they’re there still 6 months later. Other times they’re not. Ah well, lucked out this time. Albeit not the best price.

It’s a southeast Toyota dealer. Not sure how they work, I’m sure you do.
More like they don't know how or when to return unclaimed special order parts. In other words incompetent. The industry standard for obsolescence is no more than 10% of your inventory value is over 12 months old. Anything Less than that is very good management. I was consistently ZERO dollars over 12 months. That is a miracle, even if I do say that myself.

Drive shafts back and installed, took it for the first test drive after motor swap. Only thing I messed up is the oil pressure sender wire!!! I had the black horseshoe clip in the tab instead of the button and think I burned up my gauge in the dash. It was reading high and I started digging around and saw a loose wire. So I swapped them and now my gauge cluster is reading no oil pressure? So swapped my old sender in and still nothing on the dash. Will have to trouble shoot some more tomorrow. Besides that it’s running like a champ.

52FE0983-9590-413A-B1F6-4D8E0786B802.jpeg

Was at the trans shop when they opened with the ole girl on the trailer

Told them my theory of failure.
Told them what happened when it died.

The service writer goes "so it's completely cooked, isn't it?"

I said you can smell it from 5 feet away....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom