100 Series General Tech and Classifieds (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BE5F9EBE-97CB-428B-8402-9A16B1BE88A8.jpeg

98 LX470 with 284k on the odometer and 200k on the engine (which came out of a 2000 Land Cruiser) The boy#2 (@CarterB341) and I have gone through just about everything on this rust free bone stock 100.

Any one know which of the 2 front Heater Cores to choose for a 1999 100?

I’m in GA, so not in “cold weather”, unless there is an advantage in longevity?

Part Number: 87107-60360 1998-2003 Toyota Land Cruiser Unit Sub-Assy, Heater Radiator (Cold Area Spec)
Part Number: 87107-60350 1998-2003 Toyota Land Cruiser Unit Sub-Assy, Heater Radiator

Lastly, are there any hoses/clamps I should order "while they are in there"? I have a quote for $850 in labor, which seems overly fair for the amount of work involved, being as Toyota "Hung a heater core from the ceiling and built the 100 Series around it".

Thanks, in advance, for any advice!

Any one know which of the 2 front Heater Cores to choose for a 1999 100?

I’m in GA, so not in “cold weather”, unless there is an advantage in longevity?

Part Number: 87107-60360 1998-2003 Toyota Land Cruiser Unit Sub-Assy, Heater Radiator (Cold Area Spec)
Part Number: 87107-60350 1998-2003 Toyota Land Cruiser Unit Sub-Assy, Heater Radiator

Lastly, are there any hoses/clamps I should order "while they are in there"? I have a quote for $850 in labor, which seems overly fair for the amount of work involved, being as Toyota "Hung a heater core from the ceiling and built the 100 Series around it".

Thanks, in advance, for any advice!
Looks like everything else in that assembly is compatible no matter which core you use. Here's Toyodiy info:
1651180348715.png

Anyone have a recommendation on a company that's competent to install a 100 series windshield? I had an appointment set up with Venable to install one today, and while they may have an understanding on how to install glass correctly, they evidently don't understand they actually have to show up at the vehicle's location in order to install it. After a multi-hour window of waiting on them, I'm not exactly happy.

Anyway, if there are alternatives in Hinds / Rankin / Madison, I'm looking for one. Thanks.

^Not mine, but i do know the owner and offered to pass the word if anyone is in the market.
love the Blue color.

^Not mine, but i do know the owner and offered to pass the word if anyone is in the market.
Wish it'd been available about 10 months ago......

98 LX470 with 284k on the odometer and 200k on the engine (which came out of a 2000 Land Cruiser) The boy#2 (@CarterB341) and I have gone through just about everything on this rust free bone stock 100.

Price drop 7500

Thanks to @wngrog and @WharfRat for the recommendation on Safelite for a 100 windshield install. I wouldn't have guessed a national company would have competent techs to do a semi-complicated replacement like these are, but I couldn't be more satisfied with their work! The two guys they sent had a thorough working knowledge of the 100 windshield system, and they really went the extra mile to make sure this thing was installed properly (e.g., removed the old glass with a pretty trick wire device, thoroughly cleaned the windshield surround, primed the surround with a Sika-brand product - a Clutchee company - to prevent rust, and installed the side trims with rivets vs. the slacker-approved screws)

Anyway, anyone needing a 100 windshield, I highly recommend using Safelite in Pearl. Be sure to ask for Patrick.

Does anyone have an extra 4.30 front diff around? Mine grenaded on my 2000, not looking to spend the extra for lockers, just want to drive normally again. I believe the 2000 is still the 4.30 ratio which lasted until '02. I'm getting by with the CDL locked and my front driveshaft/axles out for the time being. Located in the Jackson area! Thanks!

Does anyone have an extra 4.30 front diff around? Mine grenaded on my 2000, not looking to spend the extra for lockers, just want to drive normally again. I believe the 2000 is still the 4.30 ratio which lasted until '02. I'm getting by with the CDL locked and my front driveshaft/axles out for the time being. Located in the Jackson area! Thanks!

Have you checked with Jackson Powertrain about rebuilding what you have? I had a diff that you’re hunting that needed pinion bearings but it went to the scrapyard a few months ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom