2F Timing gear cover: Bolt sizes and order (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can someone confirm if the diagram is wrong or the manual I am using does not apply to my engine?

Manual I am using:
File name:1985 2F-3F Engine FSM.pdf
Title page says: Toyota 3F Repair Manual
With sharpie it reads: Heavy Duty Land Cruiser and 1984 on the side
You can find it under Resources link at the top when searching for FSM

Reason I ask: To the best of my recollection, the B and C sized bolts are not in the order the manual indicates, and are not the sizes the diagram indicates. B and C are backwards. B should be C and viceversa.

34F25C73-C15F-47FE-8A07-6F4609215D73.jpeg

The reason I say this is because of the cooler return line from the oil cooler, the line is attached to the ‘back’ of the cover by two brackets. Hence the two nuts you see on the pic. The cover bolt has to be long enough to protrude to the ‘back’ of the cover so the cooling line brackets can be secured by the two nuts. According to the pic, the C bolts are the sort ones, hence not allowing to secure the cooling line.

And because of the obvious: Diagram shows 6 C size bolts, and those are the longer ones.

So my educated guess is that the diagram is wrong? I am ready to put the cover back so I’ll go with common sense for now but any input will be appreciated.

Here’s a diagram of the bolts and where they go on a 2F. The thin scribed number with decimal places I scrawled on the page next to my number is the length.

View attachment 3020724
Great! Thank you. I’ll try this config and report back. There’s a C size bolt that I’m trying to put in but is not bitting on the threads, I may have the order wrong.

Here’s a diagram of the bolts and where they go on a 2F. The thin scribed number with decimal places I scrawled on the page next to my number is the length.

View attachment 3020724
Success!! I had a C and a D in the wrong spot. Not to mention the E!! I did not know there was a third size! I had to line them up to compare sizes.

Thank you @OSS for the reply. I am def downloading this pic form my files.

Reactions: OSS
Great! Thank you. I’ll try this config and report back. There’s a C size bolt that I’m trying to put in but is not bitting on the threads, I may have the order wrong.

That nut is to hold the tab of the lower coolant pipe to the oil cooler. (#6)

1653863091016.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom