Stainless Brake Lines - SLEE vs the others (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Set 2 - Rear Lines (driver side, passenger side, then center)

DS Rear 1.jpg

DS Rear 2.jpg

PS Rear.jpg

Center.jpg

First world problems.
Kidding aside, I want more stopping power now than 6 months ago. I just wanted to know first hand feedback from those who has one, hopefully someone can chime in if I need brackets for a 6x 2” piston type or 8x 1.5” 8 piston type and what size i can go biggest for an 18” wheel.

First world problems.
Kidding aside, I want more stopping power now than 6 months ago. I just wanted to know first hand feedback from those who has one, hopefully someone can chime in if I need brackets for a 6x 2” piston type or 8x 1.5” 8 piston type and what size i can go biggest for an 18” wheel.
What makes you think a BBK will get you more stopping "power"?

I'm not a physicist, but you only have as much stopping "power" as your rubber gives you.

Larger brakes help with brake fade... In theory. Even for track cars you need a very high end BBK to make a difference over stock brakes with a good rotor.
I understand that and thank you. Rubber is there, it is what it is but it doesn’t mean we are limited to what we have and just give up and roll. Hey I asked a question and I’m not here to debate, just looking for first hand experience with BBK owners. If no one responds, cool, I’ll keep looking, a forum is a forum.

I understand that and thank you. Rubber is there, it is what it is but it doesn’t mean we are limited to what we have and just give up and roll. Hey I asked a question and I’m not here to debate, just looking for first hand experience with BBK owners. If no one responds, cool, I’ll keep looking, a forum is a forum.

That's fine, and I just asked a question... To which you responded physics, implying there's an upside... But AFAIK there's really no performance benefit in our application.

with most folks running 17-18” wheels, and a 16” being the smallest that clears the oem brakes… there isn’t much extra space for a larger rotor and caliper… without increasing rotor diameter only potential gains come from heat mitigation.

…unless you’re willing to run 24” rims :rofl:

Stock pads and rotors have great longevity, the downside is that they need to be heated up to work effectively and on a built rig you really have to plan ahead for critical braking scenarios, takes a few pedal applications to get good scrub.

As the builds get heavier and GVW goes up (bumpers, winch, drawers, under armor, top tent etc ) the stock brake rotors and pads fade. The stainless lines made a marginal improvement on my truck.

My curb weight is about 6500lbs and the OEM pads and rotors aren’t getting it done. I’ve just bought DBA T3 rotors for all 4 corners and their XP650 pads to see how that changes/improves braking performance - from everything I’ve read the upgrade is worthwhile designed for heavy built cruisers or trucks that tow a fair bit. We will see.

Stock pads and rotors have great longevity, the downside is that they need to be heated up to work effectively and on a built rig you really have to plan ahead for critical braking scenarios, takes a few pedal applications to get good scrub.

As the builds get heavier and GVW goes up (bumpers, winch, drawers, under armor, top tent etc ) the stock brake rotors and pads fade. The stainless lines made a marginal improvement on my truck.

My curb weight is about 6500lbs and the OEM pads and rotors aren’t getting it done. I’ve just bought DBA T3 rotors for all 4 corners and their XP650 pads to see how that changes/improves braking performance - from everything I’ve read the upgrade is worthwhile designed for heavy built cruisers or trucks that tow a fair bit. We will see.
Interested to hear your feedback - IIRC we have somewhat similar builds so my truck is pretty heavy as well, but I haven't noticed brake fade yet. If I do, my first step would be to swap to a better pad and second step a better rotor (if they are available).

IIRC there are one or two BBK's out for our trucks, but until proven otherwise I'm very skeptical they are any improvement. On my BMW's for track applications you either step up to AP Racing or save your money, as any mid-level BBK is waste. They just don't dissipate any more heat than Giro Disc's with good pads.

Last edited:
Well I reached out to @cruiseroutfit to see if they can offer a solution. Fingers crossed.

Edit: And the fastest customer service responses goes to Cruiser Outfitters!

They responded that the hoses and hardware have a zinc/cad finish that is subject to aesthetic corrosion in salty conditions. Also said it is purely cosmetic issue and has no impact on the functionality of the hose and hardware. They recommended I can remove the rust with a wire wheel and apply a coat of paint or a product like Fluid Film annually to prevent further corrosion.

Guess I don't really have any options besides giving that a try.

Last edited:
I put stainless steel brake lines ~10-12 years ago, they rusted out. Putting copper brake lines this time.

i have stoptech lines to run to the calipers of my 04 lx470. i'd like to use universal 3AN lines to replace the two vsc brake lines.

what are the two lengths of the factory vsc lines?

what size 3AN adapters will i need? will i need a straight male -3an to female 10mm x 1.25 inverted flare on each end? or another size?

could stoptech 950.44520 be used for the vsc lines? i emailed stoptech/centric, they say they only sell the lines to the calipers. meh.

my lx has the factory ride height.

@vizslagold, did you find a solution? I'm in a similar situation. I impulse bought the stoptech lines when I ordered new pads. Only a year later did I realize that there were two VSC lines. Stoptech lines are still sitting on shelf.

"@vizslagold, did you find a solution? I'm in a similar situation. I impulse bought the stoptech lines when I ordered new pads. Only a year later did I realize that there were two VSC lines. Stoptech lines are still sitting on shelf."

my apologies for the late reply, i haven't checked my one email acct in a few days.

yes. universal braided 3an lines, the lines are different lengths. i used 14" and 16" 3an braided lines...with a straight 3an on each end. with the inverted flares, some length is added. here's the lines i used on my lx470...

Summit Racing SUM-220304 Summit Racing™ Stainless Steel Braided Brake Line Assemblies | Summit Racing - https://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-220304 summit part number SUM-220304 16" 3an line

Summit Racing SUM-220303 Summit Racing™ Stainless Steel Braided Brake Line Assemblies | Summit Racing - https://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-220303 summit part number SUM-220303 14" 3an line

allstar performance offers black vinyl coated braided 3an lines. i prefer these vinyl coated lines, as they ARE more abrasion resistant. i tested this while i was one handing my sawzaw, cutting an old ahc line out of my way. i couldn't find the above lengths with black vinyl coating, but this is what i'm describing...i used these lines, in longer lengths, with 3an couplers and 3an adapters, to replace all of the hard lines aft of the front wheel well "distribution blocks."
Allstar Performance ALL48363 Allstar Performance Coated Stainless Steel Brake Lines | Summit Racing - https://www.summitracing.com/parts/aaf-all48363

you will also need -3an to m10 x 1.0 inverted flare fittings (edited)
Earl's Performance 989538ERL Earl's Performance Brake System Adapters | Summit Racing - https://www.summitracing.com/parts/EAR-989538ERL

order some extra brake hose clips...use the oem clips if you can. you might need to double up.
Brake Hose Retaining Clips - Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 at Summit Racing - https://www.summitracing.com/search/part-type/brake-hose-retaining-clips

***go slow. do not cross thread your hard lines into the 3an inverted flare adapters.

Last edited:
use a 10mm line wrench to remove the hardline fitting (i'm sure it's obvious to you). don't be afraid to apply some heat to the fittings. mine fought me a bit. you're replacing the vsc lines anway. wear safety glasses. i applied no ox id grease to the line brackets and clips...to ward off corrosion.

"@vizslagold, did you find a solution? I'm in a similar situation. I impulse bought the stoptech lines when I ordered new pads. Only a year later did I realize that there were two VSC lines. Stoptech lines are still sitting on shelf."

my apologies for the late reply, i haven't checked my one email acct in a few days.

yes. universal braided 3an lines, the lines are different lengths. i used 14" and 16" 3an braided lines...with a straight 3an on each end. with the inverted flares, some length is added. here's the lines i used on my lx470...

Summit Racing SUM-220304 Summit Racing™ Stainless Steel Braided Brake Line Assemblies | Summit Racing - https://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-220304 summit part number SUM-220304 16" 3an line

Summit Racing SUM-220303 Summit Racing™ Stainless Steel Braided Brake Line Assemblies | Summit Racing - https://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-220303 summit part number SUM-220303 14" 3an line

allstar performance offers black vinyl coated braided 3an lines. i prefer these vinyl coated lines, as they ARE more abrasion resistant. i tested this while i was one handing my sawzaw, cutting an old ahc line out of my way. i couldn't find the above lengths with black vinyl coating, but this is what i'm describing...i used these lines, in longer lengths, with 3an couplers and 3an adapters, to replace all of the hard lines aft of the front wheel well "distribution blocks."
Allstar Performance ALL48363 Allstar Performance Coated Stainless Steel Brake Lines | Summit Racing - https://www.summitracing.com/parts/aaf-all48363

you will also need -3an to 10mm x ?.?? inverted flare fittings
Earl's Performance 989538ERL Earl's Performance Brake System Adapters | Summit Racing - https://www.summitracing.com/parts/EAR-989538ERL - ****you must double check the metric thread pitch. ****i had accidently ordered the wrong pitch, and i don't recall if you need 10mm x 1.0 or 10mm x 1.25 ...i believe the answer may be earlier in this thread, as i had asked this question.

order some extra brake hose clips...use the oem clips if you can. you might need to double up.
Brake Hose Retaining Clips - Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 at Summit Racing - https://www.summitracing.com/search/part-type/brake-hose-retaining-clips

***go slow. do not cross thread your hard lines into the 3an inverted flare adapters.
Thank you @vizslagold for taking the time to write out a detailed reply. I'll try to find the answer regarding the correct thread pitch and post it here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom