FJ80 vs Jeep! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NYIronPig

YES I have a problem...
SILVER Star
Threads
So just starting the Memorial Day weekend. Take the FJ80 out to stretch her legs and this AHole in a Jeep turns in front of me because "my dog got into my lap".... Mean Green is headed to be repaired and sorted, but Dude's jeep is destroyed! Enjoy

IMG_1384.jpg
IMG_1387.jpg

Land Cruiser for the BIG WIN!

What happened to the dog? I see an airbag blew.

Sorry about the rough weekend start.
Dog and driver both OK. They where loaded up for a camping weekend. Guy was cool, and told the cold he screwed up. No help for my LS 94 FJ80 beast....

That sucks all the way around. Glad to hear the pupper is OK.

Glad everyone is ok.

Never understood the folk that have unrestrained pets in their vehicle. No consideration for the safety of their pets and other people/kids/etc on/near the road.

cheers,
george.

sorry to hear :(

Did he have any of those gawd awful ducks on his dash...

I would lean towards the Jeep. Every doctor, lawyer, accountant, teenage girl and middle aged women can’t be wrong.
😊

I am at awe over how much damage was caused to the Jeep. Did the Jeep hit something else as well? What brand of bumper is on your 80?

I am at awe over how much damage was caused to the Jeep. Did the Jeep hit something else as well? What brand of bumper is on your 80?
The jeep JUST hit me! Trying to find the bumPer brand now, came when I bought, but need a new one!

Bumper looks like 4x4Labs unit with a larger stinger on it, or something similar.

And I agree with the damage comment. My wife showed this to me earlier today and I was like no way, then she read me the context from the post on FB. It just shows how cheaply they are made. Basically the whole front clip is disposable.

Glad you're ok and the other guy too. How fast was he going? Do you have any idea.

Definitely a 4x4 labs bumper, awesome well made bumpers

Bumper looks like 4x4Labs unit with a larger stinger on it, or something similar.

And I agree with the damage comment. My wife showed this to me earlier today and I was like no way, then she read me the context from the post on FB. It just shows how cheaply they are made. Basically the whole front clip is disposable.

Glad you're ok and the other guy too. How fast was he going? Do you have any idea.
I was going 55, he was making at bad left turn without looking, so I’d say 20-25 mph

That's crazy. The Jeep is likely totalled. Knowing how the accident happened. It makes more sense with the damage. He turned across in front of you and the wing of the bumper was at just the right height to clear the front bumper and basically went old school boy scout can opener on the core support and front clip and just peeled it open like a can.

Tell me you drove it home! I see no fluids under your front-end and no other signs to suggest that you couldn't just start it up and drive it back to the garage.

That's crazy. The Jeep is likely totalled. Knowing how the accident happened. It makes more sense with the damage. He turned across in front of you and the wing of the bumper was at just the right height to clear the front bumper and basically went old school boy scout can opener on the core support and front clip and just peeled it open like a can.

Tell me you drove it home! I see no fluids under your front-end and no other signs to suggest that you couldn't just start it up and drive it back to the garage.
Has an LS motor in it. 2 batteries, but the impact killed the power. No fluid leaked. Was towed to get sorted. Front end is definitely moved back a bit, but can be fixed.

Send those pictures to Luke. 4x4labs bumper really did you a solid on that collision. Looks like your bumper went right over the jeep bumper and straight into his fender and core support. Glad you're getting it repaired! :)

I'm glad your safe and ok. What an impact the height difference and design sure made an impression.

Well I am sure he learned his lesson (to restrain his dog, sell his jeep and buy a landcruiser !)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom