Landcruiser Frame & Rear Tank Skid Plates (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Downey

SILVER Star
Threads
Ok, I got my fresh quote since metal prices went through the roof, so now my 1/4" thick heavy duty belly skid plates will cost mud guys $285.00, and my aluminum rear fuel cell skid plates will cost $295.00. That's about 100 bucks more than they use to sell for. Worse yet, I have to build larger quantities (minimum orders) to use up full sheets of metal, sooooo ties up a lot of cash flow. I will continue to build these skid plates only as I get sufficient orders, so lemme know if interested at the new math.
IMG_8439.JPG
DSCN0089.JPG
DSCN0089.JPG

Welcome to bidenomics. We're all having a problem with inflation. I'm looking at which items I'll have to shelve also.
The cost of inventory has become prohibitive in a market as small as the cruiser market. What hasn't gone through the roof
in cost takes longer to get. The laser cutters are in the same boat. They don't keep stock on hand so you place the order, they order in material
then star cutting. What was a 7-10 day turnaround in two to three weeks now

I have a friend who supplies steel to the biggies (auto makers, etc), he said some of them are being quoted 1 year to get their metal

When I read “ Downey’s gone Jim isn’t” That wouldn’t be Jim Sic**** from back in 1975?

Well here’s a good one… I had spoken with you in 1975 about my ‘74 FJ40…. We had a long discussion and you had written me a page of notes on a yellow pad and mailed it to me in Vermont. The pen impressions of the previous series of notes were clearly visible on my paper. It was a list of modifications you were planning with the Four Wheeler magazine FJ40 build they featured. My end result was purchasing the Downey Toyota 1/2 cab top, Holley Carb and several other parts, Jackman wheels, Armstrong tru tracks, smittybilt full roll cage Even added the dual Jerry can carrier with the spare mounted in the center. My friend Paul and I were “very enthusiastic” land cruiser owners…. so, I do have
these pictures from 1976… of course I was 22 then…69 now…Very nice to run into you again.

By the way, I am having very real issues with my 1975 FJ40 which was poorly converted to power steering. are you affiliated with a shop these days?
8F7D8482-1365-4AB4-85B9-9AE07BD67ED7.jpeg

86985CA4-098E-4A3A-A45A-2850C5BDB71C.jpeg

Jim does sell P/S conversion parts through eBay i believe.

Mark's Off Road is the other source I'd check if you're looking for parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom