Stainless Brake Lines - SLEE vs the others (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm finally getting around to installing a kit I bought last year for my '99 but I'm not clear on the brass washer positioning. My kit came with five brass washers. Four of the hoses have banjos, Am I correct in thinking that each banjo needs two washers, one on each side? Did I just not get enough crush washers?

Any help is appreciated

The washers that come in the Slee kit go in this orientation

F8462D65-C96E-475E-A200-811A48BD5E20.jpeg

The washers that come in the Slee kit go in this orientation
That's what I thought. Thanks for sending the photo. Bummer that my kit doesn't have enough washers then. Guess I'll wait till Monday and call Slee.

Those copper sealing washers are available at just about any parts store.

I just replaced my front hoses (Toyota oem) and was also surprised that it takes two washers. (I had only bought one per hose thinking Slee had supplied the needed number. ) I reused one and installed one new one. No leaks, so I guess I'm good!

The Slee Stainless line installation went well. I am comfortable with their lines. These are the best SS lines that I've bought so far. I did the front first with new OEM pads and rebuilt calipers. I noticed a general stopping improvement. I can't wait to take it for a test drive with the rear.

I did notice the Slee clip has a wider lip than the OEM clip. I should be able to pop it off with ease in the future. I will remember that I need an 18mm should I ever need to work on them in the future instead of guessing about whether I need a 14mm or 17mm.. Ha!

1625401880297.png

1625402307520.png

i have stoptech lines to run to the calipers of my 04 lx470. i'd like to use universal 3AN lines to replace the two vsc brake lines.

what are the two lengths of the factory vsc lines?

what size 3AN adapters will i need? will i need a straight male -3an to female 10mm x 1.25 inverted flare on each end? or another size?

could stoptech 950.44520 be used for the vsc lines? i emailed stoptech/centric, they say they only sell the lines to the calipers. meh.

my lx has the factory ride height.

Has anyone noticed the banjo fitting on the Slee lines rusting? I was under my truck recently and noticed that each had a decent amount of surface rust. Trying to figure out if something is wrong or if I just missed a step. Is anyone coating these with something?

Has anyone noticed the banjo fitting on the Slee lines rusting? I was under my truck recently and noticed that each had a decent amount of surface rust. Trying to figure out if something is wrong or if I just missed a step. Is anyone coating these with something?
did you clean off any brake fluid that go on the fittings after you installed them? Brake fluid is corrosive.

The stainless steel shouldn't rust or corrode due to the brake fluid. Can you show us what you're seeing?

Never seen them rust- check for leaks.

The stainless steel shouldn't rust or corrode due to the brake fluid. Can you show us what you're seeing?

In a perfect world yes, but the batch of fittings could have goofed metallurgy.

But without pictures, we are guessing.

Talking about brakes, anyone selling or knows where we can source a pair of Front Big Brake Kit for the 100?

I thought I had cleaned it off pretty well and I have not seen any drop in brake fluid, but I will double check and take some pictures in a bit.

Just get OEM lines. Better feel from brake lines is almost always a placebo effect... how flexy the caliper is, pad material and age of pads matters WAY more for feel than brake hose material. PTFE (SS lines are just PTFE with a braided cover) should still be replaced every few years, just like a rubber line... plus we don't benefit from extended lines (as mentioned by many others above).

Last edited:
Talking about brakes, anyone selling or knows where we can source a pair of Front Big Brake Kit for the 100?
Doesn't StopTech make a BBK?

Okay here are some pictures I just took of the lines. I do not see any leaking and the level in the reservoir appears unchanged since when I installed these about a year ago. I do notice some surface rust on other parts of the car so maybe I am just not use to how it should look? I just assumed that if the bottom banjo connection looked rusty the upper connections should be the same, but they look different.

Set 1 - Front lines (driver side then passenger side)

DS Front.jpg

DS Front Upper Connection.jpg

PS Front.jpg

PS Front Upper Connection.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom