Project ... "killer Piggy" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LOL ... RUSH, can I borrow your frame rotisserie ?

Cheers
Steve
It’s just sitting here collecting dust. Someone should put it to use!

There’s a couple shots of it in action on this page. Came in handy during the suspension modification phase and the paint phase.

Last edited:
Well guys ...Rush, being the awesome guy he is wanted to drive his Rotisserie all the way to Canada but I said it was just a 'bit' too far ... ;)
so we struggled forward and she's now on all fours
Sorting out spring setup, will put the body on now and see what travel and chassis/body height we want

This is the critical point ...

65950629475__78AA72F6-6AB5-476C-AF6D-997993A957D5 by Steve Heck, on Flickr

IMG_3324 by Steve Heck, on Flickr

65950633765__41A029DB-4D71-4C6E-97E9-F388B104C45E by Steve Heck, on Flickr

IMG_3326 by Steve Heck, on Flickr

Hey guys .... Hoping everyone had a great X-Mas !! Happy Holidays to all

Just an update, shocks ordered BUT will be delayed a couple of months ... Mid February

Screen Shot 2021-12-04 at 8.30.14 AM by Steve Heck, on Flickr

Most of the suspension and steering has been tacked into place and so far no clearance issues

IMG_3349 by Steve Heck, on Flickr

IMG_3352 by Steve Heck, on Flickr

IMG_3350 by Steve Heck, on Flickr

Unwrapped the engine, we will start test fitting the drivetrain the best we can until shocks show up

IMG_3583 by Steve Heck, on Flickr

IMG_3578 by Steve Heck, on Flickr

Last edited:
@Sheck44 what suspension kit did you go with? I have plans to 4-link my FJ40 in the spring and have been shopping. That kit is pretty beefy and looks great.

I don't think that is a kit. Looks like all the links are custom.

@Megadoomer I was thinking the mounts look fabricated and well done. This project might be good justification to purchase that plasma table I've been drooling over. 🙂.

Thanks Guys
So everything on the suspension is as Doomer says custom. Purchased everything from here, (TMR Customs Inc. - https://ca.tmrcustoms.com) they have 3-Link and 4-Link kits but all the settings and geometry is up to you.

Now if anyone is interested in doing the same I have no issue in providing the exact setup, angles, bracket positioning, lengths etc. Let me know and I will post them ...
I would suggest that we complete the setup 1st just to make sure its working perfectly but my builder is very confident we have this dialled in now

Cheers
Steve

UPDATE ... Not to happy
FOX called and said I have to wait another month ... 5 months lost, wow who would have thought ... :confused:
Well all I can say given the circumstances in the world today things could be much worse

Hope to be back on track soon guys

Cheers
Steve

I feel your pain. I waited close to 9 months for springs, and then when they were on a train, the line washed out and it took a month to fix. Hang in there, its looking good.

I used FOA for my front. I am happy with them, but I don't really have a frame of reference. I assume King and Fox are probably better but I don't know about 2x better as the price difference would suggest.

Doomer, from what I have been told the inners of the FOA's use the same components as the FOX ... I dont have a reference either but I'm sure these will work very well, and I do agree about the $$

So excited about getting going on this again

Cheers
Steve

Thanks Gents ... Yes I think the picture is a bit deceptive on the width
If you look below the LS in my 73' fit just fine with lots of clearance to the 60 box that I intended to use in the 55

I actually think that this setup with the alternator down there is in fact farther out than the LSA

IMG_8703 by Steve Heck, on Flickr

Can you please share some more pics of the AC compressor from the side view. Are you using a custom bracket?

Ceylon, on the 40 that LS engine I used the Holley serpentine full kit for under-mount compressor
Very good setup

Cheers
Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom