Rear Calliper not Centred (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi. Replaced my rear bearings and now my right rear brake calliper is not centred. Rubs the disc on the outside.

The only thing I can think of is I did not seat the bearing raceway all the way. The inner one is not in far enough in so the shaft is sticking out 1/16” or less to far. (Frustrating because I was really careful to do this).

Anybody have other ideas before I take everything apart?

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Mud. Need advice on oil seals and what I did wrong.

Pulled apart the wheel bearings to find the spring from the inner seal had failed and was dragged into the bearing. I only drove 3 blocks. The bearing races were well seated. Bearing is shot. Dug through garbage and confirmed the seals looked identical: seal part number 90311-62002.

My guess is when slipping the assembly on the shaft the spring got pulled out and into the bearing. Any other ways I could have screwed this up?

Ordering replacement seals and bearing to try again on the weekend. Thanks.

6C1F676A-CA96-47DF-A89E-AC47DAC4403B.jpeg

I always put a little moly grease into the seals on the spring to help hold it in

I have seen your issue one other time and inner race was not fully seated if there is any dirt or debris under the race it will not fully seat, your there already pound it out reclean and reinstall is what I would do

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom