Builds What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week? (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’ve been working on a bunch of stuff:
0D601305-7472-4529-B785-FE0AD875E026.jpeg
66AF77EB-C168-4027-82A3-B754DC4071ED.jpeg
D1F47BDB-9CC3-444F-8C3D-F0DB236AC979.jpeg
13F275D8-8C48-4C9F-AAE9-94A786CA9BCE.jpeg
13F2115D-9E21-4D51-A656-77ECF796B318.jpeg

Also...tell me your thoughts on the BP51s. I need to select shocks for my new build and those are on the candidate list.

Also...tell me your thoughts on the BP51s. I need to select shocks for my new build and those are on the candidate list.
I am interested in the feedback on the shocks as well. I am planning to upgrade from the OME Nitros to something better. The SLEE shocks are another option I am thinking about too. They are made by ADS last I checked, local to AZ and have a good reputation. Not adjustable but that's not something I need.

Help me understand why some put their spare inside the rear? I have always seen it as a loss of interior space, and if you are in nasty conditions and get a flat, you have to put a nasty wheel inside.

Curious why some choose to go that route.
Because properly sized tires for an 80 series don't fit in the stock spare location, spares are hard to access when they're on the roof, and bumper swing-outs are a PITA. There aren't a whole lot of other choices.

Because properly sized tires for an 80 series don't fit in the stock spare location, spares are hard to access when they're on the roof, and bumper swing-outs are a PITA. There aren't a whole lot of other choices.
This^

I had swingouts on my 100 and they were miserable. Never again. 37’s won’t fit underneath. And i would expect @JunkCrzr89 to beat me up if I put a tire on my roof like a peasant. If the nasty tire is so nasty and it’s flat… it can go in the original spare location or on the roof for the trip home.

I have no friends, no need for the space.

I’ll report back on the bp51’s. I have a few bits to finish before it’s shakedown run.

if you are in nasty conditions and get a flat, you have to put a nasty wheel inside.

Help me understand why some put their spare inside the rear?
Similar to @Somebodyelse5 I despise swingouts after putting them on a couple trucks, so I have the same Bellfab interior carrier.

I have always seen it as a loss of interior space
No need to bring half the house and the entire kitchen on a wheeling or camping trip.

if you are in nasty conditions and get a flat, you have to put a nasty wheel inside.
If you get your truck stuck and fall in mud while running winch line, will you strap yourself to the roof and tell somebody else to drive? It’s just mud, dirt, sand, and rocks. Your shoes probably bring nastier stuff inside the truck.

This^

I had swingouts on my 100 and they were miserable. Never again. 37’s won’t fit underneath. And i would expect @JunkCrzr89 to beat me up if I put a tire on my roof like a peasant. If the nasty tire is so nasty and it’s flat… it can go in the original spare location or on the roof for the trip home.

I have no friends, no need for the space.

I’ll report back on the bp51’s. I have a few bits to finish before it’s shakedown run.
I have tried everything, swingouts are a pain on a daily driver. I need my interior space for the long trips I do since I dont like roof racks.

I did the spare on the roof rack once, got home and the valve stem was cut - plus it looks stupid.

Single swingouts don't work with towing a trailer either, so that sucks. I bent my spindle removing it for a trip, then didn't fix it before the next trip so I left the spare at home. Figures, I cut a tire 19 rough miles from pavement. Had to call a friend to go to my house and get the spare then drive it out to us - that really sucked.

But, in the end a swingout works best for me.

Well my work really pissed my off and I hate my job now, so I went for a drive in the woods and that made things a bit better. If anyone is hiring an automation tech or controls engineer, let me know!

09C4A3C4-7C1F-41B1-8D82-467F17B17732.jpeg

I’ve been working on a bunch of stuff:
View attachment 3005281

Just make sure you get the top rear shock mount washer sequence right. I have been dealing with the BP-squeak for a while. Think I finally fixed it. Not sure this applies to the 100, but the BP51 on my 200 had the wrong washers (two top hat instead of one, per side) and it's been whack-a-mole. Also does not help that I use a keyboard for a living, and not wrenches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom