Blackhawk Forged Radius Arms 80 series caster correction for 3" of lift. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Being they are Australian I would ask for a copy of the engineers report they have to have to be RTA / DOT compliant and used for road use,

I would bet there is no engineering for Australian RTA/ADR/DOT approval. If there was approval, they'd be advertising it.

Is an extremely expensive process, and Australia has stringent vehicle modification laws that don't allow more than 2" total increase in vehicle height, be it with larger ties or suspension lift

I would bet there is no engineering for Australian RTA/ADR/DOT approval. If there was approval, they'd be advertising it.

Is an extremely expensive process, and Australia has stringent vehicle modification laws that don't allow more than 2" total increase in vehicle height, be it with larger ties or suspension lift

With the new DOTAR's etc GVM Upgrades and re-engineering has opened a few doors which is why guys like Jason / Mick over coil conversion for the 79 thatt include GVM and 35" tire approvals and larger lift than the old 2" body and 2" suyspension

We have the BH radius arms installed in a customers Cruiser.

I am slightly perplexed, caster is odd, not posting specs at this time though on caster. Sorry, not ready to share this with the public yet. 🤷🏼‍♂️

We are running an 850J front and 863 rear on this Cruiser. Front measures 23.75” hub to flare so should be right there at 3-3.5” of lift.

What I am willing to share right now with the forum is pinion. We have 2.5* at tcase, we have 3* at the front axles pinion. This is abnormal for ALL aftermarket arms we have installed. Correcting caster with arms usually throws the pinion angle off. Not the case with this Cruiser, this lift or these arms. That is not enough of a variance between tcase and pinion to require a DC shaft which is usually the case with 3+” of lift and good caster correction arms.

Cheers

I am slightly perplexed, caster is odd, not posting specs at this time though on caster. Sorry, not ready to share this with the public yet. 🤷🏼‍♂️

We are running an 850J front and 863 rear on this Cruiser. Front measures 23.75” hub to flare so should be right there at 3-3.5” of lift.

What I am willing to share right now with the forum is pinion. We have 2.5* at tcase, we have 3* at the front axles pinion. This is abnormal for ALL aftermarket arms we have installed. Correcting caster with arms usually throws the pinion angle off. Not the case with this Cruiser, this lift or these arms. That is not enough of a variance between tcase and pinion to require a DC shaft which is usually the case with 3+” of lift and good caster correction arms.

Cheers
Caster bearings equipped?

Cheers
Do you think these would be appropriate for a 2 or 2.5" lift?

Just found this on the WORLD WIDE WEB...
Anyone have these yet? @Box Rocket @AutoCraft Aus do you have any pictures of them installed.
As far as I know these are the only arms that go forward (16mm/.6299") to clear larger tyres. All other just push forward to re-center at ride height. 4" is like .25" forward.

View attachment 2576135
View attachment 2576136
View attachment 2576134
These forged cromoly 4140 billet arms give you a 3.5 degree caster reading with a 3" lift while moving your axle forward 16mm.

They also give you an additional 25mm of steering arm clearance.

Bushes are the new design polyelastomer compound with limited lifetime warranty and fit all 80 series, 105 series and straight arm model 79 series Land Cruisers.

1. More Ground Clearance
  2. Lighter than all others on the Market
  3. Heaviest GVM Upgrades Available in Australia of up to 1660kg Front Axle Load
  4. 16mm Longer to help to correct wheelbase length (.629")
  5. 1.5 Times Stronger than an OE Arm
  6. Australian Made Hybrid Rubber polyelastomer Bushes
Could be a fine product, I dunno. But the phrase "forged cromoly 4140 billet arms" is highly suspect, like a buzzy ESL marketing phrase. Unless each metal arm consists of several pieces, how can they be both forged and billet? I suppose you could forge a solid block, and then cut into it--but that screws the point of forging in the first place, yes?

I am slightly perplexed, caster is odd, not posting specs at this time though on caster. Sorry, not ready to share this with the public yet

Cheers
Like telling a kid you have candy but you’re not sure if it good or not so you can’t have it.
Obviously there some issue ?

Like telling a kid you have candy but you’re not sure if it good or not so you can’t have it.
Obviously there some issue ?

No issues other than caster is not what was expected.

Cheers

No issues other than caster is not what was expected.

Cheers
Advertised castor is 3.5 degrees. Below is from the 4xousa.com Slinky website.

“These forged cromoly 4140 billet arms give you a 3.5 degree caster reading with a 3" lift while moving your axle forward 16mm.”

After install I came away with about 2.8 degrees. Less than I expected, but the truck’s road manners are good. No wandering. It goes where I point it.

Last edited:

Cheers

Interesting.

That why is always good and appreciated that you (and a few others on Mud) take on these trail blazing (at least in the US) products and all of us get a comprehensive report for future reference.

Wihen you post the caster change and previous correction method will you have any measurement to understand how much farther forward the axle is moved with these arms?

It would be interesting to calculate and publish the delta of both caster and pinion from several 80's before and after lifts, correction methods etc. to get an understanding of how much these trucks and products vary.

Interesting.

That why is always good and appreciated that you (and a few others on Mud) take on these trail blazing (at least in the US) products and all of us get a comprehensive report for future reference.

Wihen you post the caster change and previous correction method will you have any measurement to understand how much farther forward the axle is moved with these arms?

It would be interesting to calculate and publish the delta of both caster and pinion from several 80's before and after lifts, correction methods etc. to get an understanding of how much these trucks and products vary.
started a thread a while ago for exactly that: Compiling/comparing lift and caster data - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/compiling-comparing-lift-and-caster-data.1099600/ there is a linked spreadsheet in that thread where folks can enter data.

I have set in route for my Cruiser. Once I fit them and compare I will post specs from both Cruisers. My Cruiser is running 850/863’s.

Cheers

I have set in route for my Cruiser. Once I fit them and compare I will post specs from both Cruisers. My Cruiser is running 850/863’s.

Cheers
Any update / more data on these arms?

@Road Apple is running them and likes them.

If you not rock crawling the @eimkeith drop brackets are the best bang for the buck, they also keep your suspension closest to factory geometry.

Perfect for the Concrete Jungle

And no, I have no affiliation to eimkeith I just like and run his products.

I like them but I think the specs are off. I think they are best suited for bigger lifts than the 2.5-3”.

Reason: they give a lot of caster in the 2.5-3” range.

Having installed them on two 80’s now and getting those trucks on an alignment rack, three times on mine now, confirms this. I did want to try a different alignment shop though just to verify the machine at the shop I have been using isn’t out.

I am on 850/863’s, the other one is on 850J/863’s. Caster is 5+* on both Cruisers. Weirdest thing ever which I can not explain is both trucks the to tcase to diff pinion is .5-1* difference with these arms and these springs. It shouldn’t be but it is. Only explanation I have is the alignment machine is out but when I check caster with my tools (6ft digital level) I get similar readings plus they both drive like they have heavy caster.

I like them. They are stout AF. I like the bushings. I like where they place the axle. I like how the Cruiser drives even if caster is truly on the heavy side. Both Cruisers have HD tie rods and tons of clearance to the arms. Zero DL vibes or noise on both Cruisers. I didn’t have to wait very long for either set. The first set went in a customers build and I was super expecting front DL vibes simply because it was a diesel swap and we moved the trans crossmember forward. Until the Cruiser was completely done too it was a slight guess game on where diff pinion degree would land. Any ways, I bought a DC front shaft for these reasons. Once the Cruiser was 100% and driving there was less than 1* difference in tcase to diff pinion so I took the DC shaft out and installed a new OEM shaft. Zero vibes or noise before or after. I swapped out the DC shaft because it wasn’t needed and a standard shaft will last longer.

So if you have the 2-3” lift buy them at your own risk. If you have 3-5” lift I think you will have normal 2-4* of caster with the BH arms.

Cheers

New radius arms will soon be on the way (hopefully soon)
Just placed my order for a set of “Mike Hawk” I mean Black Hawk radius arms. Will report back soon.

Betty the FZJ80 with a 2.5” lift on stock radius arms, she’s currently under castor and wondering all over the streets like a cheap Thai hooker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom