Local help pls (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys. I'm out in San Diego. My son is here with me. Our (his, lol) 80 series is in Swannanoa, neighboring Asheville.
The rig needs to be moved. A friend of his went to move it yesterday and the (4 month old) battery was dead. Furthermore the engine quit immediately upon disconnecting jumper cables. I'll need to try to get AAA involved I think. Yeah, I know it could be poorly installed terminals, bad battery, or alternator, or...
Question: can I get a shop recommendation? Or?
Thank you,
Scot
IMG_1115.jpeg

Hi guys. I'm out in San Diego. My son is here with me. Our (his, lol) 80 series is in Swannanoa, neighboring Asheville.
The rig needs to be moved. A friend of his went to move it yesterday and the (4 month old) battery was dead. Furthermore the engine quit immediately upon disconnecting jumper cables. I'll need to try to get AAA involved I think. Yeah, I know it could be poorly installed terminals, bad battery, or alternator, or...
Question: can I get a shop recommendation? Or?
Thank you,
Scot
View attachment 3015573
Hi, I'm in Asheville. I'll vouch for McMahan Auto in Leicester - they've helped me time and time again.

+1 828-253-2297

A shop many folks around town trust (and is in Swannanoa) is Xpertech. I haven't personally used them, but have never heard complaints.

+1 828-518-6080

A shop many folks around town trust (and is in Swannanoa) is Xpertech. I haven't personally used them, but have never heard complaints.

+1 828-518-6080
This is interesting: I called and identified the vehicle, and was quickly told they "won't be taking this on." "It's a little too old for us."
Alright, thank you.

This is interesting: I called and identified the vehicle, and was quickly told they "won't be taking this on." "It's a little too old for us."
Alright, thank you.
Seriously? That's hysterical.

Well, perhaps not your first choice - but the good old boys at McMahan auto have helped me more times than I can count, are competent and certainly don't mind the age of a vehicle. They've offered a hand for my 32 year old 4Runner aplenty.

Trust me when I say it's a REAL piece of work, and they never bat an eye - although they do offer me their tools and guidance to DIY first, haha.

Trust me when I say it's a REAL piece of work, and they never bat an eye - although they do offer me their tools and guidance to DIY first, haha.
I called McMahon too, and he was very friendly, but it must have been me, lol, because he referred me on to another shop. Trollhole would be great but quite a transport.
I may be flying out to do my own wrenching. Bummer huh?

I called McMahon too, and he was very friendly, but it must have been me, lol, because he referred me on to another shop. Trollhole would be great but quite a transport.
I may be flying out to do my own wrenching. Bummer huh?
Yes Trollholes is the top tier mechanic and experts, but far.

I know Eric and the guys at McMahan have been busy, but wow.

Who did they refer you to?

Yes Trollholes is the top tier mechanic and experts, but far.

I know Eric and the guys at McMahan have been busy, but wow.

Who did they refer you to?
Meds Auto Works
598 Old County Home Rd, Asheville

They didn't answer the phone and the "mailbox is full". I can try again later.

Transporting yourself to the truck has got to be more expensive than transporting the truck to trollhole's, no?

I guess if you've got to get out there anyway, might not make a difference. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom