Best Lift Kit for GX470 Daily Driver (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a stock 2005 Lexus GX470 that will just be a daily driver. Was looking Eibach, OME or Dobinsons. I don’t want anything that rides too stiff. Recommendations would be great! Thank you in advance.

I have a stock 2005 Lexus GX470 that will just be a daily driver. Was looking Eibach, OME or Dobinsons. I don’t want anything that rides too stiff. Recommendations would be great! Thank you in advance.

I just installed Dobinson and it is not stiff. Actually, I was hoping for a little more stiffness. Don't get me wrong, Dobinson did help with braking noise dive and turning body, just wish it was a little more stiff.

Icon stage 2 kit has been a dream for the last 20K miles. I have the stock weight springs and no armor or drawers on the truck, for reference. Most folks who’ve ridden as passengers comment on how comfy of a ride it is.

I’ll be changing the springs, soon, not due to wear, but because I’m adding skids and bumpers.

Haven’t used other lifts. So I don’t have a comparison, but this lift drives a million times better than my dad’s frontier and my old blazer.

I have another question. If I'm only looking to raise it for my daily and won't be doing off-roading. Would I be okay with doing the 2" spacer up front and airbag trick in the rear?

Yes. You can try these two low cost options. If you don’t like the way they turn out, you can then undo them and try the next level upgrade

I opted for Fox 2.0 coil overs with MetalTec rear coils.

super easy install and the ride is Great. 100% better thank the Billy 5100s.

I have the OME 2885/2895 coils on OME 90000/60004 struts. The front feels fine but the back is pretty stiff. Probably would go with the 2895E and 60112 in the rear if looking to have plusher ride. Although the front is about 1.5'' lower, which is annoying as hell to me. Trying to figure out options to level it out.

The Eibach rides like a dream.

Another vote for eibach.
I Put it on my stock non KDSS '04, the kit was great and complete including all stuff for airbag removal in the rear where others don't cover that well. Perfect amount of lift nice smooth ride with no extra weight on the truck. Highly recommended for a mostly street driven DD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom