Good windshield installation guy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just got off with expert Auto Glass and by the conversation sounded like Chris was no longer there. Doesn't sound like a large enough business to have a dedicated person to train techs.

Know it's early to have a few car washes but do you have any feedback on the initial install job?

Thats interesting, he told me verbatim that Chris was "going to spend more time in the office and doing training." So if Chris is gone he lied directly to my face/ear.

Initial feedback is good. The tech who did the work, Austin, is a young guy but was very professional. I voiced all my concerns and he addressed them. After he put the windshield in, he said that whoever did the last windshield did an ok job, but did miss a spot causing my leak. Austin said he did the job correctly and that it will not leak. Time will tell.

As you know, a GX windshield does not require the same level of precision and care as an 80 windshield during installation so if this windshield leaks no way they do my 80.

Last edited:
First car wash after the install was a success. Zero leaks.

So far so good.

Ive been texting Chris Yes he is training guys and now we can ask for Adam Rivett at Expert Auto glass repair he is the lead tech Chris Kohl is the manager and can set it up!

Two car washes and no leaks !

Okay now that have it down Expert is still the place to go what is the recommended manufacturer for Tundra/Sequoia 2nd gen windshield glass? Started a claim with my insurance company and already getting emails from Safelite about getting it done.

I just had Adam Rivette do my 08 CRV he is the one who Chris trained. So far very good guy Ill be having him do the 97 Cruiser soon his info is
Office 602 344 9444 Cell is 518 528 2504 Expert Auto glass

I also had Adam do a windshield for me, seems to know his stuff.

I'm gonna chime in here and mention that I would not recommend Expert Auto Glass. I had Adam come out and do two landcruiser windshields. The first turned out somewhat okay, but kooks like the seal is not installed correctly and he did not seem to have a clue about the correct way to glue an 80 glass and didn't even glue mine. The second 80, he didn't clean the surface area and ended up cracking the new glass and will have to come back to install a new one. IMO the sealing area should be cleaned everytime the windshield is replaced. He also left broken glass all over the inside and outside of the vehicle. I would not use or recommend them again. Poor service and poor install, I went out of my way from Payson to have these installed, just to have the nightmare happen that I didn't want to happen.

Kyle

Last edited:
On that note, does anyone have a better recommendation for an 80 windshield install? I have a feeling mine will need to be redone and or glued.

I'm gonna chime in here and mention that I would not recommend Expert Auto Glass. I had Adam come out and do two landcruiser windshields. The first turned out somewhat okay, but kooks like the seal is not installed correctly and he did not seem to have a clue about the correct way to glue an 80 glass and didn't even glue mine. The second 80, he didn't clean the surface area and ended up cracking the new glass and will have to come back to install a new one. IMO the sealing area should be cleaned everytime the windshield is replaced. He also left broken glass all over the inside and outside of the vehicle. I would not use or recommend them again. Poor service and poor install, I went out of my way from Payson to have these installed, just to have the nightmare happen that I didn't want to happen.

Kyle
Sorry you had that experience. I had Adam do a windshield on a newer car and was happy with the job, but apparently he doesn't know the 80 series. I'd explain the issue, have him talk to Chris if he needs more info, and have him fix the first one, since he needs to fix the second one anyway.

On that note, does anyone have a better recommendation for an 80 windshield install? I have a feeling mine will need to be redone and or glued.
I used Blue Chip Auto Glass for my windshield needs. I specified to have Freddy to work on my windshield. Tech Freddy knows how to deal with Land Cruiser windshield. Freddy will clean up any rust and apply primer prior to the installation. He has done 5 windshields for me and zero problem.

ya gotta go where you gotta go. Too bad on expert, but it only takes a few bad jobs...

Flagstaff 80 series experience: I would NOT recommend Inspectors/Urban Auto Glass. At the suggestion of a few people I gave them a shot for my leaky windshield seal. I supplied the factory seal, and printed instructions on how to do the process correctly. I got back a sealed windshield, which does hold out water. However, it also came back with broken glass on my dash that was not cleaned up, and a bent windshield cowl. It also looks like a couple of blind, ham-fisted monkeys did the install (glue everywhere, cut edges of butyl where they used too much glue, etc). At least it doesn’t leak😕

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom