11/72 Transmission Boot (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,

I have an 11/72 FJ40 and I'm looking for a replacement outer rubber transmission boot cover. As folks know, the opening on the transmission hump cover changed between 71 and 73, and no one seems to stock an OEM or aftermarket boot for this one year. I did see the below on ebay and I'm wondering if anyone has tried it?

TOYOTA LAND CRUISER FJ40 FJ45 3 SPEED SHIFTER LEVER BOOT

thanks,
Brian

3 Speed Outer Boot for Land Cruiser FJ40 - City Racer LLC​

Reproduction replacement for OEM part # 58273-60010, which has long been discontinued by Toyota. Split lip at the base, just like the original.
$55.00

When they open up after spring break this is the place to get one

3 Speed Outer Boot for Land Cruiser FJ40 - City Racer LLC​

Reproduction replacement for OEM part # 58273-60010, which has long been discontinued by Toyota. Split lip at the base, just like the original.
$55.00

When they open up after spring break this is the place to get one
Excellent, thank you. I went to the site and they indicated they'd be back on the 25th, so I'll definitely pick one up once they're back. thanks again.

Excellent, thank you. I went to the site and they indicated they'd be back on the 25th, so I'll definitely pick one up once they're back. thanks again.
A piece from the Tie Rod end of a Power Steering Rack boot could be used as an alternative if the original part difficult to find, as a DIY job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom