What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (30 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

All sorts of new rubber.

New hood rests
full

New shoes
full

Last edited:
I sold my other 40 a couple of years ago, after I continued to build it, it was becoming less and less practical for what I wanted.
I took delivery of this one just a couple of weeks ago and I'm eager to build this one. It's a bit long in the tooth and looks better in the pictures but I think it will be a good platform to work with for what I want it to be.

full

Thank you. I'll look into it.
can also be just some small size hose you have if you cut it to sleeve over the screws then screw it in with that pressed between the bezel and the part it bolts to that would work in a pinch too.

This week I finally got my factory wheels powder coated. Some people say they've had isdues with other rims on an HDJ81 so I've solved the problem. Why would I go out and buy brand-new black rims when I can just get the original factory ones powder coated? I also recently got new centre caps that finally looked properly done with the black rims and I got them done from:

I got my rims powder coated at:

I have to say that I think both places did a fantastic job. The powder coating cost $150 per wheel which may be a little bit stiff but he’s doing my entire factory HDJ81 bull bar and sk8d plate for only $200 and I will post pictures of that as soon as it’s done.

C1E00C44-FEC7-499A-BB8E-8B624E09FDBD.jpeg

F21BAA99-7936-456F-B904-FA13C89D3C87.jpeg

82ECAB35-563D-4160-AB0D-C83E578D27CA.jpeg

45143B4B-CADE-444D-82AC-5488E8BE819E.jpeg

0102F46B-26EA-4D55-ADD7-099EC4D367E2.jpeg

This should prove to be a fruitful weekend if the heat doesn’t get crazy..although, they said Philadelphia May reach 97…I am not that far away
2F0A0E3D-6A86-4630-90FD-EE2AE4D75718.jpeg

by the way… the red and white packages on the top are from @ToyotaMatt …they are watertight…

Getting ready to install new wire harness and halogen light kit on the cruiser. Factory Toyota parts, all the connectors are packed with dielectric grease, and everything looks to be high quality. Should be a major improvement over my current orange glow headlights.
IMG-2480.jpg
IMG-2482.jpg
IMG-2484.jpg

This should prove to be a fruitful weekend if the heat doesn’t get crazy..although, they said Philadelphia May reach 97…I am not that far away
View attachment 3014427
by the way… the red and white packages on the top are from @ToyotaMatt …they are watertight…

I thought they were Easter gifts...🤣
What's in the box..🥺

I thought they were Easter gifts...🤣
What's in the box..🥺
Interior door panels, voltage regulator, alternator, a ToyotaMatt special design adjusting alternator bracket, dash hole plug, firewall grommet, windshield hold down rubber blocks, spare tire carrier, hood rubber, pedal rubber, rubber emblem gaskets, fusible link, assorted missing stock screws and small parts

My truck is a wheeler that Ive been bringing back from trail trucks to use for wheeling and traveling. I came up backpacking so living simply is what I know. But I bought a fridge when I was building my 80 and Ive never looked back. This 1976 40 has made me get creative with my use of space. I also have other trucks that I’ll use the fridge in so I bought a Dometic portable battery. I don’t trust myself to remember to unplug the cig lighter whenever I stop so I had to get creative And decided to set it up so the Dometic battery would charge automatically when the truck is on and then cut power to it when the truck is off (thereby leaving the fridge to charge off the Dometic battery only). So, I installed a plug on the backside of the center console and set up a relay to work off the ignition. Now when the truck fires up the battery automatically charges. I decided to tap and solder in an AUX Blue Sea fuse box off the ignition. I also put in an AUX Blue Sea fuse box off the battery. It worked the first time so I figure I’m now at the higher end of the novice rank in wiring.

Can some one suggest where I can get the front rubber floor mat (1piece) for my ‘75 FJ40? I have looked at 10 different web sites and the best I can find is the Aussie type from CCOT…it’s not really what I’m looking for. Prefer rubber not carpet and OEM style

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom