DEAL ENDED-Great deals on parts through Toyota (March 2022) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You would think they would bring in extra help to fill the orders, but why do that when people are willing to wait
Having been in the position to hire people, you wouldn't be able to hire someone, train them and them be any good if they are willing to only be around a couple of months to help me sell something i have very low margins of profit. Good help looks for good jobs that last longer than a month or two, and I wouldn't be able to justify more money in a years open budget for a sale where we reduced our margins of income. If the parts a customer ordered could wait for such a sale, then the customer can wait for the parts in general. If they need the parts right now and just got lucky there was a sale, then the old saying...."necessity never drove a good bargain" still applies.

You probably did them a favor, at the worker level, by canceling and well you can just be ready for the next sale and jump on it fast and early. Unfortunately your money will not still have the value it had this last time and you might pay more.

Still waiting on my order - Ordered seat foam top and bottoms for front seats and rear bottoms which are backordered
I got them from Japan in less than a week. Just saying.

About 2 months since I ordered but it was only a transmission filter kit and lots of bottles of fluid so not concerned about the wait (weight lol)

Having been in the position to hire people, you wouldn't be able to hire someone, train them and them be any good if they are willing to only be around a couple of months to help me sell something i have very low margins of profit. Good help looks for good jobs that last longer than a month or two, and I wouldn't be able to justify more money in a years open budget for a sale where we reduced our margins of income. If the parts a customer ordered could wait for such a sale, then the customer can wait for the parts in general. If they need the parts right now and just got lucky there was a sale, then the old saying...."necessity never drove a good bargain" still applies.

You probably did them a favor, at the worker level, by canceling and well you can just be ready for the next sale and jump on it fast and early. Unfortunately your money will not still have the value it had this last time and you might pay more.

Why would I wait for another sale to "jump on it fast and early" when it would make more sense to not have canceled my order? All give you credit on the first part of your argument about the hiring, but that still does not negate the poor planning and communication from them. As for canceling my order not sure I did them a favor as they already had the items in stock they just needed to print a label and ship. Instead they had to issue a refund. Also, someone passed they stopped shipping radiators because they kept getting broke.

Last edited:

I think @Beno said Mr. T was reimbursing the dealers for the sale-price difference, but point taken.

poor planning and communication from them.
I've canceled orders out of principle for that or general bad attitude towards me as a customer. I order a lot of parts for 5 different Toyotas from Marietta Toyota. I order and pickup in person. They always seem very put out by me coming to pick up the parts, yet they don't quit become rude. They are better than the place I went for years in Roswell GA who twice didn't believe me when i said the part number they had was wrong and asked them to order the part number i supplied yet refused. They got mad rude with me when I made them fix the issue. Second time was the last time I ever went there and that was my fault for giving them a second chance.

One of several awkwardly shaped metal items have arrived.

F80A37FC-589E-43FF-A93F-947FEA79A243.jpeg

Ah so this is what a new exhaust tip looks like…

B50D7E9D-FF39-4C90-AC4D-6A91AC7B081C.jpeg

^^^ 'Bout damn time 👍

My exhaust components order went in on the 21st. Hope mine is not far behind yours.

If a sale like what occured at a couple of Georgia dealerships ever happens again it would be great if whomever notices it first could send out a group message or something.

If that can't happen, at least pm me. ;)

Last edited:
If a sale like what occured in a couple of Georgia dealerships ever happens again it would be great if whomever notices it first could send out a group message or something.

If that can't happen, at least pm me. ;)
DITTO

My order finally arrived two months later minus a couple of line items. Packaging was OK. Most of the parts got here without damage.

Price break was still worth dealing with the wait and order errors. I saved around $1K from this sale.

IMG_1057.jpeg

IMG_1050.jpeg

IMG_1054.jpeg

Last edited:
Last edited:
I ordered my stuff 3/23 and still haven’t been charged. They told me it should be any day this week though. Who knows about shipping.

So, generally speaking--they don't charge until they ship? Or...?

So, generally speaking--they don't charge until they ship? Or...?
I could of sworn I had been charged when I ordered 4/6 ish, but looking back through accounts I can't seem to find the transaction? Maybe it was pending and dropped off?

Just to share my expereince, I placed 4 orders during this sale. I still have yet to receive them or get a shipmeant notification. I have had a few communications with Toyota of Decatur to ask since it’s been so long - I was told they are really backed up with shipping. I also guess I paid with PayPal and since it’s been so long, they had to run the charges again (PayPal cancelled them due to the non-shipment) so they called me about a month ago to let me know. I saw they finally charged me just the other day, so I’m hoping shipping is soon.

I could of sworn I had been charged when I ordered 4/6 ish, but looking back through accounts I can't seem to find the transaction? Maybe it was pending and dropped off?
Yes, initial purchase was pending charges back in March but it dropped off due to them not processing the order fast enough. They’ll charge you again once they get to your order

Yes, initial purchase was pending charges back in March but it dropped off due to them not processing the order fast enough. They’ll charge you again once they get to your order
Ok, That makes sense, but Shoot! I had mentally already accounted for that having been paid for!

Need the parts though, and in no hurry, so the deal is still worth it.

Eric has been great to deal with. For those interested, I placed my orders at the end of March and that is where they are at on the list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom