Builds 1964 FJ45 Short Bed Fixed Top Pickup Restoration (43 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No sh!t, as soon as I hit ‘post reply’, Drew says to come out…

1652984972641.jpeg

We’ve got the dizzy back out and gutted to lock out the mechanical and vacuum advance:

58852B2D-3662-4F72-AB9A-CF1EBECC4DBC.jpeg

Mechanical advance locked out:

B228F827-D4DA-4317-8386-B122C453C938.jpeg

Once the vac advance is locked out, we will re-install the distributor and calibrate all of the ignition settings to have it running fully controlled by the Sniper.

Stay tuned!

Last edited:
Turns out we were running 15 degrees regarded yesterday. Here it is with a very conservative (normal) timing curve:

26.5 months. A lot of people involved to get to this day. Thank you.

Lots of wild s*** has happened in those months.

I just stopped by the shop for a few minutes and, of course, had to fire up Rotunda to rev it a few times.

The videos are misleading, this thing purrs like a kitten. Most of the noise you hear if you listen on a phone is the massive vacuum whoosing from the IAC w/o an air cleaner, and the ticking of the injectors. That's how quiet the engine is. The exhaust is not much louder than factory level.

But when you goose it and open the throttle blades up enough to really let it breathe ....

Holy hell - It goes from smooth soccer mom to throbbing silverback on a rampage

This will be fun :grinpimp:

Last edited:
Here’s something really cool that’s been cooking behind the scenes…

Remember the hot rod knobs we put in to replace the abandoned Throttle & Choke cable pulls?

We actually tuned those into electrical pull switches for the lockers. I gave @thecrazygreek a shout to see if he could make some custom pull knobs. He said, “say less”

They showed up last night. Check these bad boys out!

D79A021E-89E1-4496-A3C2-8B6E8F501183.jpeg

Here’s something really cool that’s been cooking behind the scenes…

Remember the hot rod knobs we put in to replace the abandoned Throttle & Choke cable pulls?

We actually tuned those into electrical pull switches for the lockers. I gave @thecrazygreek a shout to see if he could make some custom pull knobs. He said, “say less”

They showed up last night. Check these bad boys out!

View attachment 3014967
Those look right at home!!! Glad I could contribute!

Man, lots going on here that doesn’t translate well to threads posts, but HOLY FRICK !!!

This thing is a beast!

Fuggit, Let’s cut straight to video

Here’s an early run, before much tuning to the the timing table. This has 3.70 gears and we are probably revving up to 5K here. It is moving :grinpimp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom