Euro/Aussie OEM side mirrors for FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

On both of our 60s I've had 70 series mirrors on them about 20 years. Both sets are still solid and if I needed to replace one I'd source another 70 series mirror. Compared to the dramatic improvement over the stock 60 series mirror the gap between the mirror base and door is inconsequential.

Honestly that'd be the best approach. @CruiserTrash what's your thought on this?
I could definitely rubber mold a proper gasket. I’m not sure if 3D printing could be done with something pliable enough to seal out water. @ChaserFJ60 what do you think?

I think it would work with 3D printing, but I have a total of 0 experience with TPU. I dont know how soft it is and I dont know if it was really made to be a gasket material. It would be a good plan B in a pinch but for this application I feel a proper molded gasket out of a known working material would be best. Molding would look better and probably give better vibration dampening in this particular use case.

Update:

Thanks to @CruiserTrash, I ordered a set of OEM Mirrors from the site he ordered from and recommended. The price seems reasonable for brand new factory mirrors. I will update the thread once they land.

@Spook50 @Godwin

What would be the actual need for a 70-Series-mirror-to-60-Series-door gasket? Does the existing 70 Series gasket adequately seal out water, but just look a little goofy up close? Or does it actually allow water penetration?

@Spook50 @Godwin

What would be the actual need for a 70-Series-mirror-to-60-Series-door gasket? Does the existing 70 Series gasket adequately seal out water, but just look a little goofy up close? Or does it actually allow water penetration?
Given the gap between the gasket and sheet metal, it leaves a good avenue for water and moisture to get into the threads of the screws and cause corrosion over the long term. A serious problem? Nah I would venture not, and I live in a fairly wet region. The biggest issue I see is merely aesthetics.

@Spook50 @Godwin

Given the gap between the gasket and sheet metal, it leaves a good avenue for water and moisture to get into the threads of the screws and cause corrosion over the long term. A serious problem? Nah I would venture not, and I live in a fairly wet region. The biggest issue I see is merely aesthetics.

The gasket issue is more aesthetics than anything. Water penetration is no more of an issue than with stock FJ60 or FJ62 mirrors mounted. There is a gap between the door and gasket with the 70 series but that's not likely to allow much water intrusion and with any water that does seep under the screws are filling the holes in the same manner as with 60 series mounted mirrrors. Water intrusion along the bottom of the window due to aged seals is more of an issue.

@Spook50 @Godwin 10-4 on all that. Sounds like there's not really a need for some kind of "adapter gasket".

Update:

Mail Call! The mirrors landed this week safe and sound from the Netherlands. I have got to say, I was really impressed with the care Cruiser World took in packing the mirrors to make sure they made the long journey safely without damage. The quality is also second to none. I now see why so many people use these mirrors as a go to for replacing the US spec mirrors on there 60 series Land Cruisers. I now have to source some rubber gaskets before I can install them. Here are some pictures for now..

730C6B14-B9F5-43AF-BF50-11A8FBDF6515.jpeg

F028C85A-9262-45C6-8BD3-60FA4E450527.jpeg

78A716D4-4D86-4A08-BD75-3C1851721BCC.jpeg

Update:

Mail Call! The mirrors landed this week safe and sound from the Netherlands. I have got to say, I was really impressed with the care Cruiser World took in packing the mirrors to make sure they made the long journey safely without damage. The quality is also second to none. I now see why so many people use these mirrors as a go to for replacing the US spec mirrors on there 60 series Land Cruisers. I now have to source some rubber gaskets before I can install them. Here are some pictures for now..

View attachment 3013799

View attachment 3013800

View attachment 3013801
you should check with Jason @TRAIL TAILOR...he used to carry some, might still have them.

@WoodsmanNC I got my TT gaskets a few days ago too. But CruiserWorld just sent my mirrors yesterday..... Gotta wait for the slow boat from the Netherlands now.

Turns out the guy was on vacation until Monday and couldn't get my order sent.

@CruiserTrash, glad to hear they finally shipped. Your going to really dig the new mirrors. They perform just as good as they look. BIG improvement over the US spec mirrors.

Last edited:
Are al Euro mirrors manual or did some come motorized?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom