CruiserCult 40 Series Product offerings (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Alright so @mrboatman may have the key to the rubber spacer figured out. So now it's potentially the pin spring, pin, contact plate and maybe the large isolator bushing?

@EmanC lent me his horn parts to check out . :cheers:
horn plate.jpg

I heard from someone today that @65swb45 may have had a few of these metal plates stamped out before? Is that true Mark? Do you still have them for sale? If so that would be another part figured out! :D

@EmanC lent me his horn parts to check out . :cheers:
View attachment 3011538

I heard from someone today that @65swb45 may have had a few of these metal plates stamped out before? Is that true Mark? Do you still have them for sale? If so that would be another part figured out! :D

Happy to discuss a bulk purchase with you.😊

Happy to discuss a bulk purchase with you.😊
Amazing! Nice work! Will give you a call about these. :)

Operators are standing by.😉

New product in the works thanks to @EmanC. Coming soon to our website.

What was your process for finishing those?

Sandable primer?
Color/black coat?
Fill in text/logo with model paint?
Clear over top?

I was thinking a thin epoxy might work for a top coat, but it'll be difficult to maintain the sharpness of the inside lines. It'd be potentially a tougher top coat.

What was your process for finishing those?

Sandable primer?
Color/black coat?
Fill in text/logo with model paint?
Clear over top?

I was thinking a thin epoxy might work for a top coat, but it'll be difficult to maintain the sharpness of the inside lines. It'd be potentially a tougher top coat.
Hi there,
So for finishing the knobs with the decals (we used the ones @63FST sells), the knobs were cleaned with a dupli-color pre-paint cleaner (plastic safe), lightly sanded with 1000 grit paper, two-coats of dupli-color plastic adhesion promoter, applied decals, then two-coats of dupli-color 1k gloss clear paint. Worked fantastic! And provides UV protection to the knob.
I haven't tried the infill versions with the clear top coat , but I think doing the infill before the clear would be no problem.
You of course can use whatever brand of products you like, but I think the key is to keep all our paint products (promotor and paint) from the same manufacturer so they play nice with each other. :)

Last edited:
Pretty awesome work you have done there with the knobs..... @red66toy :clap:

For anyone who needs decals or a custom design I can assist....I also have more info for installation of the decals but looks like @red66toy can provide plenty of information to make your knobs look just like his.

Bravo for a cool project too ;)

-Mo

Last edited:
If anyone needs any genuine Koito rear body reflectors for their 1960s 40s.. we have them!
Here
3B17A7C0-4C6E-4B16-AF0A-BE3A1CE5D854.jpeg

Hey Mark! Just been all over the place lately with… everything. :) I should have some time tomorrow to ring you up!

1655182410628.png

Cruiserhead Spotlight series​

Number 1​

Nate aka @mattressking

For our first cruiserhead blog interview we are talking to the well known cruiser owner/lover "Mattress King". If you haven't, check them out here:​

FJ60 Build Thread

FJ40 Thread

They are both informative and rich in great pictures. Always a great read.​

So we all start on the same page and address the most burning question. Mattress King, How did that name come about? I am guessing you were not a top salesman of mattresses.​

Ha! Totally right, my first job was not selling deeply discounted mattresses. Before Land Cruisers I was heavily enveloped in the tuner/VAG scene...

Read the full interview here:

Cruiser Cult

www.cruisercult.com
www.cruisercult.com

Thanks 🙏

@mattressking for the time and sharing with the community.

8CAC825B-EFC1-43D2-A743-CB4EF8FBCC37.jpeg

942F20A2-66A7-4FAD-939D-F8C5120FB97D.jpeg

Last edited:
Anyone looking for new bulbs? 24v and 60w
Don’t hang out in the dark any longer.

We just uploaded a very cool document that was generously lent to us by @jomelo. Its a 1964, salesman's handbook for the Toyota Land Cruiser. Cool early 40/45 info :cool: . Thank you @wngrog for making this happen. :cheers:
image00001.jpg

Blog post on the handbook:

And the document in the 1960s section as well:

We just uploaded a very cool document that was generously lent to us by @jomelo. Its a 1964, salesman's handbook for the Toyota Land Cruiser. Cool early 40/45 info :cool: . Thank you @wngrog for making this happen. :cheers:
View attachment 3040686
Blog post on the handbook:

And the document in the 1960s section as well:
I have shown this to @wngrog countless times. This time you would have thought he was a 12 year old with a Playboy magazine.

Great lit, thanks for sharing! Rapid read, need to go back and spend some time. But what I’ve learned so far:
1) I need to put a six shooter in the “roomy” toolbox
2) I‘m one in a thousand men

😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom