Toyota Dealer March 2022 Major Discounts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Curious what they say. I imagine it won’t be the only damaged one. Mine arrived damaged from another dealer earlier this year. They canceled it and it’s sitting in my garage. Hopefully Serra’s arrives in better shape.
Most dealers I experienced in US seem to find the thinnest cardboard, throw the parts in with hardly any padding, tape the box, add the label and boom done. I’m pretty amazed that some stuff arrives Undamaged.

When I get parts from partsoq they are always meticulously packaged, no missing parts and arrive sooner. So really I chalk it up to Americans being lazy and not giving a 💩

Last edited:
My order was March 20th, I just told these clowns to cancel it. Emailed and they said it would ship by May 20th. If they did over a million dollars in three days then maybe and just maybe they should bring some extra workers to handle the surge. Of course I don’t own a Toyota dealership and really have no idea how there able to offer such a large discount when no one else does. Oh well now I get to spend the refund on gas😞

My order was placed after yours. Given the number of orders I figured I would give them a couple of months. That will be in another week. If was a great offer and given supply chain issues a little patience is in order. As a data point I was part of the Bud-Built group buy. I think I got my order after 6 months. I was in no hurry. Same with this order.

Now if one wants to gripe, the main issue is one of communication. That is the dealers should have sent update emails. But then again it is the parts department.

My order was placed after yours. Given the number of orders I figured I would give them a couple of months. That will be in another week. If was a great offer and given supply chain issues a little patience is in order. As a data point I was part of the Bud-Built group buy. I think I got my order after 6 months. I was in no hurry. Same with this order.

Now if one wants to gripe, the main issue is one of communication. That is the dealers should have sent update emails. But then again it is the parts department.
I placed first order with Decatur on 3/17 and a second order on 3/22 which included brake pads and rotors. My front pads needed to be replaced sooner than later so I went ahead and ordered from Olathe Toyota and they arrived quickly. Only replaced front pads and was easy, didn't need to remove calipers.

Made a few calls and exchanged emails with Decatur and was told they would be shipping out soon.... Anyway, got confirmation both orders shipped on Friday. I've been ok with the delay given the special pricing and I'll have all the parts on hand for complete front & rear pads, rotors, clips, shims, bolts etc. when that time comes.

Hopefully they will get all the remaining sale orders out this week.

Serra responded to my order info request and said they were going to cancel my radiator purchase because UPS was destroying them all on shipment.

Got my packages from Decatur on Monday. Packed well. Took way longer then expected but what a great deal.

Toyota LC front and rear rotors. Heavy boxes and FREE shipping.

IMG_0790.jpeg

0446660160​
$ 34.93​
Disc Brake Pad Set (Rear)
0446560280​
$ 54.77​
Disc Brake Pad Set (Front)
4243160290​
$ 59.07​
Disc Brake Rotor (Rear)
4351260210​
$ 45.43​
Disc Brake Rotor (Front)

Most dealers I experienced in US seem to find the thinnest cardboard, throw the parts in with hardly any padding, tape the box, add the label and boom done. I’m pretty amazed that some stuff arrives Undamaged.

When I get parts from partsoq they are always meticulously packaged, no missing parts and arrive sooner. So really I chalk it up to Americans being lazy and not giving a 💩
A major factor here is toyota boxes these parts for movement within their system and a dealer parts/service department. They don’t package them to survive UPS. One example would be my brake calipers in their heavy duty Toyota boxes but with no extra padding. That works fine for their distribution system, but put it in a few ups trucks and conveyor belts, and you have caliper ears poking out of one side of the box. Same for the brake rotors.. tough, but not impossible to chip an edge if they get dropped.

My radiator had foam blocks and a special box retaining it that would be perfectly adequate for movement within toyota. UPS has a different standard for package handling though.

A major factor here is toyota boxes these parts for movement within their system and a dealer parts/service department. They don’t package them to survive UPS. One example would be my brake calipers in their heavy duty Toyota boxes but with no extra padding. That works fine for their distribution system, but put it in a few ups trucks and conveyor belts, and you have caliper ears poking out of one side of the box. Same for the brake rotors.. tough, but not impossible to chip an edge if they get dropped.

My radiator had foam blocks and a special box retaining it that would be perfectly adequate for movement within toyota. UPS has a different standard for package handling though.
Your getting a great deal so stop complaining about the packaging. If you want stuff not broken go to your local Toyota dealer.

In all seriousness though they all could do a better job packaging things. I bought my radiator couple years back and it arrived in the same packaging that they got it from the distributor in with little to no padding. It was really a miracle that it was not damaged.

I spent some time on the phone with Serra today.

Their check for the extra 25% was more than Toyota had budgeted for the whole sale. This one location did 2200 orders in 8 days, they’d usually do 60 or 70 a week.. which sounded low to me but that’s what they said. They think it’s not so much the forums but when the links hit Reddit that things really blew up. More Supra headlights sold than were in-country. That got me wondering whether people were ordering them just to have them on the shelf in case.. can’t be that many actually needed right now.

My radiator will be going back.. he said for some reason toyota packs smaller radiators well enough to survive UPS but not the larger ones.

He also assured me they are getting through the orders.. the hold up is a physical limit on the amount of stuff that can move through his department. Also he hopes things will be coordinated better from corporate if they do this again..

I finally gave in and emailed Decatur today to see if I could get an update on my 3 orders placed 3/20. I've not heard from them since the 3/21 confirmation emails. I see others who ordered earlier than me have already received theirs, so I hope I'm still in the queue. I need to get everything I ordered installed before the 3 week of June. Last March I thought that was a doable timeframe......now I'm not so sure!

I finally gave in and emailed Decatur today to see if I could get an update on my 3 orders placed 3/20. I've not heard from them since the 3/21 confirmation emails. I see others who ordered earlier than me have already received theirs, so I hope I'm still in the queue. I need to get everything I ordered installed before the 3 week of June. Last March I thought that was a doable timeframe......now I'm not so sure!

I called today. They were super friendly and assured me that they were plugging away on all the orders. They asked me what my order dates were as they claimed to be doing them in sequential order for the most part. He said they were still shipping out some today that were from 3/14. My first order was on 3/18 so hopefully soon.

I emailed them and got the following response from Serra Decatur. Note that they're not going to ship any more radiators.

Working to get yours out by 06/15 but order _______ paypal cancelled the payment authorization based on time so I will have Bradley call you to take care of the payment on that order also we had to stop shipping radiators because of the damage

Well, it's not looking good for me. Despite reasonable attempts to communicate with Serra Toyota in Decatur, I've still heard nothing since my order confirmation emails in March and I'm now up against a deadline to do some service work before a big towing trip later this month. I'm not even sure I have time now to do an on-line order someplace else. I'm happy for all those that got in on the great deal, but for me I'm afraid it was one of those: If it seems too good to be true.......

Well, it's not looking good for me. Despite reasonable attempts to communicate with Serra Toyota in Decatur, I've still heard nothing since my order confirmation emails in March and I'm now up against a deadline to do some service work before a big towing trip later this month. I'm not even sure I have time now to do an on-line order someplace else. I'm happy for all those that got in on the great deal, but for me I'm afraid it was one of those: If it seems too good to be true.......
I received my parts about 9 days ago, but I did get tracking info when it shipped. So if you haven’t got that yet, it probably hasn’t shipped yet. I placed my orders on the last days of the sale.
They told me they would not ship my radiator, but gave no instructions other than that they would cancel my order. That did not happen yet though. I’ve been waiting a week for a email response on my not cancelled cancelled order. Previously they had been pretty good about responding to emails within a day or 2.

Got my order today. Bunch of brake stuff, PCV stuff, some fluid stuff, and a replacement hub cap. Took a while but the time wasn’t a constraint for me.

Anyone know the trick to not break the tabs on those hubs so I don’t do it again??

Last edited:
I finally got some info from the parts department. They hope to ship my orders 6/27, which means I’ll get the stuff in July. Since I plan to keep the LC a long time and the parts will eventually be needed again, I’m keeping the order going and not cancelling. Meanwhile, I’ll get locally what I need right away for now. If I do eventually get the parts, it will have been 3 1/2 months!

My stuff arrived today, I received a notification from UPS with the tracking information a few days ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom