Free Gobi Ladder - LX570 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hopefully they come through eventually but the top steel mount has a step in it for the LC spoiler which the LX does not have so it needed to be flattened and a big sledge took care of that. The bottom took fiddling with different bolts, spacers and some cutting of the factory plastic so the two teeth they have on the lower corners would have somewhere to dig into to make it secure using the clamping system made for the land cruiser. This is the part that is less than ideal and all they would really need to rework if they ever get around to it. Part of the steel on the lower mount also had to be cut off as it was obstructing part of the rear camera view. It’s not the prettiest but I and the kids have been up and down it a lot over the years and have had no issues. Some double sided tape at the bottom section of the ladder to attach it to the hatch before putting on the lower clamp helps keep everything secure also.

View attachment 2742367View attachment 2742369
View attachment 2742394

also be very careful with what looks like the outer weatherstripping as it is really the sensor for the auto open/close function. If you puncture that your auto close will no longer work. It’s like a ballon so be very careful. I learnt the hard way unfortunately.
Can you elaborate on what you did for the lower bracket? You mention spacers and different bolts. How did you get the mount under that weatherstripping / sensor area? I removed mine to see, but dont see how it can be reattached with the ladder bracket in place. Thank you for the help.

Can you elaborate on what you did for the lower bracket? You mention spacers and different bolts. How did you get the mount under that weatherstripping / sensor area? I removed mine to see, but dont see how it can be reattached with the ladder bracket in place. Thank you for the help.
I squeezed the tab on the mount between the body and weatherstripping/sensor.

003A7D6B-EB9B-4914-88AF-EF3C5FDAD91F.jpeg

I was in touch with Gobi about loaning them my LX to design the ladder, offered to modify a LC ladder with a local fabricator and ship it back to them, etc... Their response was that they are prioritizing the 4Runner and Bronco builds. No matter how many LX owners are interested in buying the ladder, it's not a big enough market when they have such high demand from vehicles with larger production lines, right?

To put this into context, the LX sales have been roughly flat at around 4K per year, while the sales of the 4Runner have been well over 100K for some time.

Having just mounted a Gobi rack on my vehicle, it would be great to have a ladder to access that space, but I am thinking that waiting on anything official from Gobi is just wasted time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom