Are these hoses available? Can't find on megazip part diagrams (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

caladin

Noob, but trying to learn
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
bz93.com
I need to replace these two hoses, can't find on mega zip. Anyone have part number or a source for decent replacements? I'd rather avoid straight hose for those bends.

PXL_20220518_005320566.jpg

PXL_20220518_005316692.jpg

Between the drivers battery and the air intake for carb, I -think they carry coolant, But i'm not sure what they are for.

Are they on this diagram?

1652854950384.png

Thanks,

E-

I need to replace these two hoses, can't find on mega zip. Anyone have part number or a source for decent replacements? I'd rather avoid straight hose for those bends.

View attachment 3011646

View attachment 3011647

Between the drivers battery and the air intake for carb, I -think they carry coolant, But i'm not sure what they are for.

View attachment 3011648

Thanks,

E-

there NOT cooling system hoses my friend

there SMOG pump and MAI manifold air ejection system stuff

that cylinder star wars DROID looking thing is your ABV valve

stand by for the correct diagram
\

there NOT globally available any more

why are u replacing them they look OK

leave well enough alone there unless you have a good reason to F with all that JAZZ

View attachment 3011646

View attachment 3011647

View attachment 3011648

Thanks,

E-

like i said ? what issues are you having there ?

here is your needed tech diagrams

1652857577440.png

there NOT cooling system hoses my friend

there SMOG pump and MAI manifold air ejection system stuff

that cylinder star wars DROID looking thing is your ABV valve

stand by for the correct diagram
\

there NOT globally available any more

why are u replacing them they look OK

leave well enough alone there unless you have a good reason to F with all that JAZZ
The one up front is starting to crack a fair bit along the bulge above bottom hose clamp, and if I was doing 1, why not both.

Didn't want to get stranded.

The one up front is starting to crack a fair bit along the bulge above bottom hose clamp, and if I was doing 1, why not both.

Didn't want to get stranded.

there ALL part 0f call out # 25710 and NOT sold separate ever ?

u need a donor new car take off set up like this maybe ?

No issues yet, just saw the hose cracking today.

What happens if that one fails?
The Air Injection system is a emissions control system that injects air into your exhaust so the unburned fuel can continue to burn and so the catalytic converter can do it's job. If one of those hoses cracks or pops off it will not leave you stranded. If your air pump siezes, this shares a V-belt with the water pump, so you will not be able to run/cool the engine, but there are some temporary work arounds. You can search for "smog pump failure" or "air pump failure" to get more details. If you truck doesn't need to be smoged you should consider removing the air pump and then all those little hoses and valves you are worried about can be removed too.

None of the air injection hoses are under significant pressure. The most they’ll ever see is 3.5psi air pressure. They crack after 30 years because the rubber is rotting on the outside but inside the rubber is still good. None of them will burst and even if one did start leaking a bit, it wouldn’t matter. Try not to mess with them. They’re fragile in their old age.

None of those hoses are available. You can get some molded Silicone hose and piece it together. I bought a FJ60 years ago where the PO had done that and it seemed to work fine. Alternatively, you can mostly restore the flexibility of those hoses with a 3:1 mix of Oil of Wintergreen with Alcohol and bathe the hoses with that mix for a couple of days. I smear a thin layer of Sil-Glyde on mine to keep them from drying out.

I pulled those hoses and went into oreilly's and asked to search the back for anything that would be comparable in size. A few of them were extra long, but the diameter and angle of bend was correct so I was able to cut to fit. Some of them were upwards of $20 several years ago, but you can find alternatives from other vehicles.

I pulled those hoses and went into oreilly's and asked to search the back for anything that would be comparable in size. A few of them were extra long, but the diameter and angle of bend was correct so I was able to cut to fit. Some of them were upwards of $20 several years ago, but you can find alternatives from other vehicles.

That was my thought, if I do it' i'l post the numbers and where i cut them here for posterity

Thanks Matt!

E-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom