Builds 1964 FJ45 Short Bed Fixed Top Pickup Restoration (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

E627428D-CB59-451F-A44C-7A960C057851.jpeg

079873F7-B7E0-4DE0-A896-8AE6BC1EEE6D.jpeg

We’re putting big Anderson connectors on the battery cables for easier & safer battery removal:

22BB7FBC-DA3B-474D-A2B8-3E4CB23D708C.jpeg

Last edited:
Plugging up this big hole with the E-Stopp button:

77D933A1-51FD-4D56-8880-B345B184F1AB.jpeg

70DEBA6B-5D03-44D7-B66E-58C7EBAE4C1B.jpeg

Last, but certainly not least, my favorite mod so far: replacing these hideous, abandoned cable pulls…

701D2B4D-860D-4A3A-B780-D2CA0A14A053.jpeg

…with these blingin’ hot rod knobs :grinpimp:

E10B228A-6C3A-4C0F-9CCE-AE957D17C6DF.jpeg

Drew has been hard at work taming the wiring. The bulk of it will be in the toolbox under the seat.

C808E8D5-FE34-4883-A043-CB9DC0ECD3DF.jpeg

8D7077ED-F35D-4C42-94C1-38517055BDB0.jpeg

5383B60C-2292-4553-97EA-C1CCE3A0714D.jpeg

Shag carpet back in…

6FCB9FB8-EC50-487A-A45C-11F03DF549DA.jpeg

Almost ready to go in for good. The circuit breaker is for the electric fan.

23E78EA1-6BFE-4911-AB94-65884F1C1F5A.jpeg

It is “this close” :steer:

You guys have until sunrise tomorrow to cleanse your souls, make your intentions pure, and become right with the universe.

We will begin filling all the fluids, checking for leaks, and will begin activating electrical components one-by-one until we have arrived at the moment of truth.

Of all the things that have been changed on the 45, I am surprised that piece of shag carpet has survived still.

I didn’t get to meet him but I would agree. I would also agree that the carpet in that spot is very functional.

To be fair, this whole truck is a death machine. Driving it will be similar to chainsawing in the nude. Soooo dangerous, yet soooooo right.

Safety Third

Bonus - chicks dig scars

Last edited:
You guys have until sunrise tomorrow to cleanse your souls, make your intentions pure, and become right with the universe.

We will begin filling all the fluids, checking for leaks, and will begin activating electrical components one-by-one until we have arrived at the moment of truth.

The moment of truth is not yet here.

We had a few leaks to correct, sorted through a few electrical things, and are now having trouble finding spark and/or a tach signal. We think somebody is holding out and has not yet become pure in the eyes of ETAF.

We are extending the request until 8:00 tomorrow, I do realize I kinda sprung that on everybody pretty late yesterday, so hopefully this gives you enough time.

Last edited:
Does anyone following along have or have access to a carb 1FZ Electrical Wiring Diagram?

We have an engine manual with a great schematic of the ignition system, but has no wire colors and is missing some key info.

We’ve used our gut and referenced the typical way Toyota does a carb electronic ignition, but have not had luck getting spark or a tach signal. We’ve tried a few different wire combos on two different sets of coil/igniter, I think we’re missing a piece of the puzzle.

Until we figure that, we’re exploring another path…

🦥

There wasn't much to it but I think I still have the engine side harness for that 1FZF. If it would help I could dig it out and send some pictures. I have been dissecting the body harness from that same setup to use in my 45, so I could try to trace things out for you but I am no wiring guru, so you would have to dumb down your instructions to help me follow along.

Does anyone following along have or have access to a carb 1FZ Electrical Wiring Diagram?

We have an engine manual with a great schematic of the ignition system, but has no wire colors and is missing some key info.

We’ve used our gut and referenced the typical way Toyota does a carb electronic ignition, but have not had luck getting spark or a tach signal. We’ve tried a few different wire combos on two different sets of coil/igniter, I think we’re missing a piece of the puzzle.

Until we figure that, we’re exploring another path…

🦥
We have a non-US 1992 FZ-F /FZ-FE repair manual on the page Land Cruiser Factory Service Manuals (FSMs) - https://www.cruisercult.com/factory-service-manuals
Not sure if that has the info you need

Last edited:
@ToyotaMatt are you following along?

i may have a 1FZ CARB EWD i will check later this evening , keep in mind it will be year and modle land cruiser specific , like all the USA EWD's are

there are NO simple engine family complete pro dates runs stand alone multi year format ewd's im aware of ...? FYI

kindly

matt

We’re several twists and turns down the alternate path. There is no EWD for what we’re cooking up.

We have technically seen a spark and we now have RPM when we turn the key. There’s a lot more to it than that before we have the blue stuff, but we are getting there :smokin:

C9D301DE-9247-4C9F-BCF0-E75D9B722F64.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom