Dissent offroad 200 series offerings. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So basically 6-7 months. Not bad given what it is and the current times but it would be nice if they would update the info given to be more accurate instead of continuing to quote 3-3.5 months. No one is debating whether or not they are worth it, you just have to treat it like the NFA game, pay for your crap and then hurry up and wait. Like others have said, the best thing to do is forget about it altogether and then you'll be pleasantly surprised when it shows up.
Please note that very few go that distance. Front bumpers typically ship before the quoted lead time, full replacements can take a bit longer as we only have one guy currently that can build them. Rears take a bit longer but front and rears together are the most likely to go long,

One thing we are strongly considering is a steel product line for the 200 as building stock is more achievable. My question would be, if given the option to order our bumpers in steel and get them in a couple weeks or aluminum and get them in 4-6 months which would you choose?

One thing we are strongly considering is a steel product line for the 200 as building stock is more achievable. My question would be, if given the option to order our bumpers in steel and get them in a couple weeks or aluminum and get them in 4-6 months which would you choose?
How much more would full steel weigh? 30%? 50% 100%? Would it cost less?

How much more would full steel weigh? 30%? 50% 100%? Would it cost less?
Should cost less. Weight would be lighter than any other steel offerings as we would still use aluminum on the accessories on the swing arms.

Would you make a steel front too? Ballpark weight and price? I really like that your bumper is aluminum, but I'd probably go for steel if there was a significant price break. If not a big price break, I would probably wait for aluminum. FWIW I do plan on ordering your front LX570 bumper whenever my income rebounds from it's current lull.

Should cost less. Weight would be lighter than any other steel offerings as we would still use aluminum on the accessories on the swing arms.

If it cut down on time and cost then it would certainly be worth considering. Now if it only saves the customer 10% then I do not see the justification for it due to the added weight penalty. And how much extra weight are we talking here, 10-20%? If the added weight is that low coupled with a 20-30%+ reduction in price and a massively shortened wait time then I'd expect it to be a popular choice.

Last edited:
If it cut down on time and cost then it would certainly be worth considering. No if it only saves the customer 10% then I do not see the justification for it due to the added weight penalty. And how much extra weight are we talking here, 10-20%? If the added weight is that low coupled with a 20-30%+ reduction in price and a massively shortened wait time then I'd expect it to be a popular choice.
I don’t know about costs but IIRC you get roughly the same weight of steel if you use aluminum that is 2x thicker but it’s 2.5x stronger. Might depend on the type and quality of the materials though.

If it cut down on time and cost then it would certainly be worth considering. Now if it only saves the customer 10% then I do not see the justification for it due to the added weight penalty. And how much extra weight are we talking here, 10-20%? If the added weight is that low coupled with a 20-30%+ reduction in price and a massively shortened wait time then I'd expect it to be a popular choice.
Cost savings wouldn’t be huge, maybe 10-15% from current price. That being said the aluminum products will likely see a fairly large increase soon which would add to the savings on the steel. I would say we are looking at a 20% weight gain. Our current steel product are lighter that most as we have put a lot of engineering behind them to save weight.

I already bought a Dissent aluminum hybrid rear bumper and have a TJM front, so my opinion probably isn't that useful, but the lighter weight of aluminum was a major draw for me. The overall design and quality of construction (craftsmanship of the welds) were paramount, but weight really mattered too.

I already bought a Dissent aluminum hybrid rear bumper and have a TJM front, so my opinion probably isn't that useful, but the lighter weight of aluminum was a major draw for me. The overall design and quality of construction (craftsmanship of the welds) were paramount, but weight really mattered too.

I agree, weight is one of my main concerns so to me the aluminum would be worth the extra 10-15% in cost. However, with a price increase on the aluminum coming I could see the steel option would be a fairly attractive option at a ~25% or so discount

That being said the aluminum products will likely see a fairly large increase soon which would add to the savings on the steel. I would say we are looking at a 20% weight gain.

That's enough motivation for me to stop procrastinating and jump in line so you should have just received another new front bumper order about 10 minutes ago :)

Out of curiousity - did you perform a FEA on the front bumper? What’s the weak point? What fails first under tension? The bumper or the truck frame?

Out of curiousity - did you perform a FEA on the front bumper? What’s the weak point? What fails first under tension? The bumper or the truck frame?
The bumper will fail before the frame on an impact there are strategic cutouts in the bumper and frame bracket to work as a crumple zone.

Not sure we have posted any good photos of the new low profile bumper but here they are with the optional light bar center on our friends at stellar builts awesome long travel on 37s and trekboxx 200.
A4B7BABF-E045-4F5A-B8BC-E6A3406E4F03.jpeg
083B9985-AC5B-4736-A1FE-89D5FAA2BB79.jpeg
C2F1E761-5FD3-488E-BF36-FF2856F5ADFA.jpeg
240661EB-4E67-4DED-B3C7-C94A1A2EE475.jpeg

534BE374-9A01-4C9A-BA3F-C5036FA98A42.jpeg

Great lookin rigs! Like the bumper a lot.

On another note, when will you have more roof racks in stock for the LC?
Best freaking roof rack ever!
1652938161159.jpeg

CEC08094-16F0-4007-BAEC-96C8E2279B10.jpeg

Last edited:
Great lookin rigs! Like the bumper a lot.

On another note, when will you have more roof racks in stock for the LC?
Thanks!
Unfortunately no timeframe at the moment.
We are focusing on clearing the backlog first. Once that is achieved we can start bringing items back as built to stock vs built to order. Tough transition but I think will be a rewarding one.

Thanks!
We are focusing on clearing the backlog first. Once that is achieved we can start bringing items back as built to stock vs built to order. Tough transition but I think will be a rewarding one.
Understood. I have my email on the notify list once the backlog is cleared. Enjoy the summer!

Thanks!
I'm on the notify list as well. It's clear this is superior to some of the other options on the market. Holding off as best I can until they come back in stock :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom