High Mileage AHCs - Hydraulic Success Stories (1 Viewer)

How many miles do you have on your AHC?

• 0-99k

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 100-199k

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 200-299k

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • 300-399k

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 400k+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LndXrsr

AHC Aficionado
SILVER Star
Threads
After redoing my original globes at 213k this past weekend, I got to thinking about really high mileage 100s still rocking AHC. I realize mine is still just nearing it's mid-life crisis.

So wise Mudders, who has stories to tell of their high-mileage AHC and its amazing longevity? Any particular oddball issues that hove come up outside the routine flushes, globes, pressures, sensors, etc?

260k on 06LX running heavy. Ironman front bumper, dual swingout 4x4 labs rear, slider, rear drawers.

Fluid flush every 30k, king spring with 30mm spacer and pressures on the low side of spec.

Stock height with 34" tires.
IMG_20220410_194221.jpg

Love it! 34s and everything. Looking great out there with that Cricket.

I'm looking at you, @BullElk...
One of my 2000 LXs I got in Jan 2004 with 43k miles. It currently has 375k miles. It still has all original AHC parts and I think I have replaced fluid only one time. Perhaps a bit unusual but I have had zero AHC issues with this particular one.

However it is not a rock crawler or house boat tower. Just a street machine driven by my daughter. I actually got it from a friend and client and MLB pitcher Jon Lieber. His buddy and Cubs teammate, Joe Girardi would use it in Chicago when Jon would come back to Mobile in the off season.

I have replaced globes on a couple other Lexii 470s.

My 2000 LX has ~ 255K miles and the AHC has been flawless - knock on wood. I do partial AHC fluid exchanges fairly regularly and then a flush every few years. I like the ride much more than the 2005 LC that I had and hope to maintain it for another 250K miles.

260k on my 2006. Replaced globes this weekend and front shock lower bushings and upper cushions. Back to 14+ graduations after new globes and bleeding.

Stock globes were dated 2006 production and netted 8.5 graduations but figured I might as well after the Impex Japan cost for new globes was $600 shipped to me.

I decided to do the lower bushings and upper cushions to freshen it up. Still have stabilizer bar bushings and rack bushings and lower control arm bushings planned.

I love AHC. It’s nice cruising on a magic carpet after a long day.

@BullElk maybe this has been asked already. How many of the 2 million+ miles have you or your family members put on the trucks in your sig line? That is an astonishing number. Given a reasonable MPG figure, that's 150,000 gallons of gas.

Whoa.

Drive-on.

Dave

@BullElk maybe this has been asked already. How many of the 2 million+ miles have you or your family members put on the trucks in your sig line? That is an astonishing number. Given a reasonable MPG figure, that's 150,000 gallons of gas.

Whoa.

Drive-on.

Dave
Hmmm 🤔. Let me ponder a bit….as I sit here listening to Bread.

Miles we personally rolled, price, year acquired …Of the ones in sig line…

‘96 LX 370k $11,500 2005
‘99 LC 152k $ 2,800 2017
‘00 LX 334k $24,000 2004
‘00 LX 15k $ 2,500 2021
‘04 LX 28k $ 5,000 2019
‘06 LX 90k $11,500 2017

All DDers.

Considering the condition (all) of the drivetrain/suspension rubber bushings, on my 250k mi 1999 LX470, how many of those, with high mileage AHC suspensions, have replaced the AHC "shock" (hydraulic ram) bushings?

I am replacing the hydraulic rama this year. It is the rust that got them, they are still functional.
I can knly echo the comments above: change fluid regularly, ensure pressures are within specs amd adjust of necessary, when needed replace globes.
The AHC is a high quality item. I love it !
My car has 180k miles

285k miles on mine. The rear sensor started acting up a few months ago, other than that it is going strong. 33" MT tires, front bumper & winch.

275k on my LX. Replaced globes about 10k ago after blowing one out on Heart Attack Hill on Kelly Flats.

Just got back from Moab where I was mobbing through some sandy woops and hit one too fast. Totally bottomed out and for the first time I saw a little discharge of AHC fluid dribbled down my suspension on the driver's side. Other than that no evidence of anything happening. It still rides amazing on road and off.

Mine had 440k on the original globes before I replaced them back in Jan. I suppose it helps that it was an Alabama rig it's entire life with no rust and pretty much all highway mileage. It was fairly bouncy on the sport setting but was actually ok in the comfort setting. I was only getting 4 gradients out of it though. Went and replaced them along with adjusting the torsion bars and new oem springs. Everything is within spec now and rides great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom