Builds 76 Fj40 Face Lift (26 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mine sure is...
(it's kinda scary - I think they may all be like that) ... (but you didn't hear it from me)

Not a whisper from me....

My cup runeth over.

How hard is an oil change? Easy-peasey right up until your normally free of obstacles catch container regurgitates three quarts of ZDDP enhanced engine lube over a sizable portion of the garage floor.

Some days you just feel like a guest star on @BenjaminCA “Project wrong way“. Burnt a bag of kitty litter and some Dawn dish washing liquid eradicating the evidence…

Ben, if you ever need a ham fisted, knuckle dragging unibrow to break an anvil, call me….

Obviously no pics included….

Snatching victory from a slick garage floor.

My spare tire latch needed replacing. I’m still have the old school, full monty, sheet metal spare tire carrier. Normally not a big deal except it’s a drivers side mount and the latch is NLA available. I‘be been sporting the Appalachian answer in the form of a bailing wire safety stop. Finally found a replacement. After an Exxon Valdez clean up in garage bay one, I did manage to mount a new old latch.

I figure it was meant to be. The replacement is/was Smurf Blue painted black. Came with built in patina.

No such thing as coincidence in the YOTA Universe.

96356C06-75A0-44C0-B015-973E1A590421.jpeg

AB2F87A7-5A04-4B9D-B9C3-083BE7039C35.jpeg

Last edited:
Let The Force be your guide…

(sometimes misheard as farce!)

After yesterdays clean up op in bay #1, I’ve decided to retire the card board creeper. Made a beeline to Lowes this AM and sourced the cheapest Craftsman I could find.

Secondary to my mission, I was happy to note an 8$ sheet of OSB was teetering at just under 40$ and I think a “Ten Penny” nail was at 3.50$ 🙄. On the way home the gas pump cut me off at 75$. Meh, who needs more than a half tank of premium anyway..!!?? I immediately flashed back to my Grandfathers ritual morning rant, “20 cents for gas? Sum-bichus are charging 20 cents for gas. I‘ll ride a damn horse before I pay 20 cents a gallon for gas“.

Ahhh Pap, if you only knew….

Anyway, the Craftsman looks comfy enough to snooze on (old people need frequent naps) and handle a requisite oil change.

DA883474-DF23-4F4A-B76D-2BFBA346BFA0.jpeg

After yesterdays clean up op in bay #1, I’ve decided to retire the card board creeper. Made a beeline to Lowes this AM and sourced the cheapest Craftsman I could find.

Secondary to my mission, I was happy to note an 8$ sheet of OSB was teetering at just under 40$ and I think a “Ten Penny” nail was at 3.50$ 🙄. On the way home the gas pump cut me off at 75$. Meh, who needs more than a half tank of premium anyway..!!?? I immediately flashed back to my Grandfathers ritual morning rant, “20 cents for gas? Sum-bichus are charging 20 cents for gas. I‘ll ride a damn horse before I pay 20 cents a gallon for gas“.

Anyway, the Craftsman looks comfy enough to snooze on (old people need frequent naps) and handle a requisite oil change.

View attachment 3007830
Pro tip: don’t EVER wear a shirt you like with one of those. Those Wheels are first rate rag makers!😱

I retired those kind for the dogbone many years ago. Night and day difference.

Pro tip: don’t EVER wear a shirt you like with one of those. Those Wheels are first rate rag makers!😱

I retired those kind for the dogbone many years ago. Night and day difference.

You wear clothes when you work on TLC’s? I go all banzai with the WWII Imperial Army Diaper.

View attachment 3007830

Loctite the crap out of those fittings.

Loctite the crap out of those fittings.
Had to quote that for posterior-ity.

#twoche.

The Diapers? :rolleyes: So....we shouldn't wear the "banzai's" to work on our TLC's???

OK, I'm pretty sure I saw this in a thread as a requirement...."Always cover your posterior-ity"..;)

The Diapers? :rolleyes: So....we shouldn't wear the "banzai's" to work on our TLC's???

OK, I'm pretty sure I saw this in a thread as a requirement...."Always cover your posterior-ity"..;)
It actually falls under the category of ‘don’t ask, don’t tell.’

The younger generation just refer to it as TMI. :eek:

This post gives me flashbacks of fits of rage whilst under random cars, pinned to the floor by my shirt tail or sleeve.
Word.

Your doing the lords work here brother, way to roll with the punches.

Your doing the lords work here brother, way to roll with the punches.

LMAO…I been roll’en with the changes for years. Pretty sure the “Lord” walked aw@y from this diamond plated monstrosity before it ever hit the pages of Mud.

BTW diggen‘ the Wrong Way. Again, if you need someone to break an anvil pretty sure I can do it in my sleep.

1 step closer...

Splitting time between the Mule and another project. I did manage to separate the doors and remove the hard top hardware. Time is a funny concept. Seems like I just put this top back on. That was five years ago (+ or -). I looked at some tube doors, but the shipping IMHO is cost prohibitive. So, I'll just end up going with a safety strap.

I need to re-install a head liner. A buddy of mine has an upholstery shop (did the seats/Jump seats) so I'll probably drop off the top for service and store it in the old "garage".

IMG_2991.JPG

T-Case hardware is trickling in.

T-case drain plug and gasket came in. I "think" this is the correct gasket. Again, I was going to use the ancillary pieces and parts off of the old Trans/T-Case but decided to go a different route instead.

IMG_2993.JPG

IMG_2994.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom