Land Cruiser Grilles - headlight conversions and grilles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Soo I see pics for lx470 grille but not on your site? What am I missing?
I quit making them. I also had a 7" headlight conversion housing with a grille for the 470 too, but I will most likely not make that either.

Just got these in from @kelly saad and they look great. Much beefier than I expected, really well done. I'll do a test fit soon and then get them off to powder coat, hopefully have everything done in the next few weeks. I will post pictures as I go. Thanks Kelly!

IMG_8440.png

I quit making them. I also had a 7" headlight conversion housing with a grille for the 470 too, but I will most likely not make that either.
I'm still hoping for that one to come around. Every time I think about doing a retrofit for my lights, I just keep thinking about those 7" conversions. How have we not found enough people for a group buy?

I've also considered buying a LC100 hood and then getting a normal grill from you, but hen I'd go down that rabbit hole of bumpers and such. I'm still interested if that ever comes back up.

I'm still hoping for that one to come around. Every time I think about doing a retrofit for my lights, I just keep thinking about those 7" conversions. How have we not found enough people for a group buy?

I've also considered buying a LC100 hood and then getting a normal grill from you, but hen I'd go down that rabbit hole of bumpers and such. I'm still interested if that ever comes back up.
I have considered building the LX stuff and trying to sell them. I have no time right now to even think about it really. Also, the radiator support has some different mount locations for the headlights, so the Land Cruiser headlight housings will not fit without modifications.

Reactions: KTP
Any plans for 3rd gen 4Runner? Would be a great platform for this.
Yes I am, it’s my next design. There will be a grille and 7” round headlight housings.

Not sure. It might take another year. I am just too busy for designs and development right now. I have it all ready to be cut the final time, just too busy.
I'd be in for either just a sterile grille or a grille with 7" buckets for an early 470 as well. I don't really mind to lose the Lexus "L" there, and I like the idea of keeping the lights tucked in instead of out on the bumper.

Any plans for 3rd gen 4Runner? Would be a great platform for this.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Ivetsupply.com

Yes actually. I’m planning out some time to design the 3rd gen 4 runner and 1st gen Tacoma. Hopefully they will be popular and not a waste of my time. I measured both and confirmed that the 7” round with the headlight bracket will fit.

Any update on 200 series lights?
I lost my test fit vehicle. I have all the parts but no 200 to fit it onto. I haven’t tried to ask around for another test vehicle though because I’m so busy.

I lost my test fit vehicle. I have all the parts but no 200 to fit it onto. I haven’t tried to ask around for another test vehicle though because I’m so busy.
I wish I was close enough to let you use mine. I’d be willing to lend it out if I could get hooked up with a set when they are made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom