craigslist V8-Powered 1976 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 - $20,000 SOA V8 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
not mine V8-Powered 1976 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 - cars & trucks - by owner... - https://lexington.craigslist.org/cto/d/richmond-v8-powered-1976-toyota-land/7484278897.html

Chassis: FJ40225128
4k Miles Shown, TMU
350ci GM V8 w/EFI
4L60E Four-Speed Automatic Transmission
Dual-Range Transfer Case
35" Mickey Thompson Tires on Alloy Wheels
Power Steering
SOA Conversion w/Reversed Front Shackles
Partial Records

00A0A_xChfSpxjwvz_0ew0jm_1200x900.jpg

00G0G_jGP46hXnLIVz_0jm0ew_1200x900.jpg

00I0I_7nTqYXni3iHz_0jm0ew_1200x900.jpg

00N0N_S2cBCRrSviz_0jm0ew_1200x900.jpg

00T0T_ejfsPS3Ms94z_0jm0ew_1200x900.jpg

IDK, the tires look a bit small for a SOA.

personally not a fan of SOA

personally not a fan of SOA
I've never had or driven a SOA setup. Seems some people love it and some people hate it. It would be interesting to see the data for both cases but it probably has a lot to do with how the work was done and what the use of the vehicle is. Same thing with the shackle reversals

IDK, the tires look a bit small for a SOA.
That thing taller than necessary because they used the "advanced handling" shackle reversal kit up front, which lifts the suspension. To match the height they used a ridiculously long rear shackle. That thing needs to be lowered about 4" and it would look proportional.

Or throw some 40's on it and take it back to the late 80's early 90's lifted mini-truck era!

I like the pin striping. Truck looks like it wouldn't take much to make it a real nice unit.

I've never had or driven a SOA setup. Seems some people love it and some people hate it. It would be interesting to see the data for both cases but it probably has a lot to do with how the work was done and what the use of the vehicle is. Same thing with the shackle reversals
Way too many variables to compare one versus other, but if setup properly, both setups can drive/ride the same. SOA = cheap way to get good lift for clearance to run larger tires.

My SOA '71 rides and drives way better than my SUA '69, but like I said, really too many variables involved to say that the SOA vs SUA is THE reason for the better driving experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom