Truck doesn't budge in gear after sitting for a week (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jiggletits

Threads
2010 Tundra 5.7 6 spd auto.

If the truck sits for a while, let's say a week, when I put it into drive or reverse, it doesn't move. It will eventually move with throttle but it takes 5 seconds or so and is a slow buildup. After it finally takes off, it is fine for the rest of the day. This does not happen when I drive it daily, or even every other day.

Seems like a slow leak... somewhere. Torque converter? Valve body? Anyone heard of this or had this problem themselves or at least know where to start?

I'm not a transmission guy.

Not even sure how to check it, doesn't this transmission need to be at a certain temperature, etc. to get an accurate reading? The dealer serviced it a year or two ago, it has never leaked. There is no dipstick, just a fill port.

Not even sure how to check it, doesn't this transmission need to be at a certain temperature, etc. to get an accurate reading? The dealer serviced it a year or two ago, it has never leaked. There is no dipstick, just a fill port.
Yeah, it’s pretty finicky I’ve never had to do it myself personally. But there are some YouTube videos out there if it’s something you want to try yourself or take it to the dealership and have them do a level check. That’s probably the easiest. But in my experience, anytime these transmissions have an issue it’s typically because it’s low levels. Based on the research I’ve done.

Cool, thanks!

lol it is not the e brake

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom