What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (49 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Fj80oregon what the heck is that industrial bug zapper looking thing hanging above the cherry picker in a few of your photos? A shop light of some kind? Also, what's going on with that plywood, did you get a deal on some soggy stuff and you're drying it out?

@Fj80oregon what the heck is that industrial bug zapper looking thing hanging above the cherry picker in a few of your photos? A shop light of some kind? Also, what's going on with that plywood, did you get a deal on some soggy stuff and you're drying it out?
It’s just a shop light. 15,000 lumens we use them for temporary lighting on job sights and I use them for seeing on my land cruiser work.

Got the inside and front face of the drawer lined. Turned out pretty good. Next will be the outer portion of the box. Didn’t turn out as good as @Somebodyelse5 did but I’m ok with that.

A8780E80-3CF2-4301-B5D2-D091539E4519.jpeg

E31501C9-F265-4236-8850-5AE0930109AD.jpeg

Last weekend.. Painted my 4x4 Labs rear bumper, didn't have time to mount up the jerry can holder and tire. Very next day she blew a headgasket and seized up. Glad I got that bitching bumper all sorted haha. Spent Saturday and Sunday pulling the 1FZFE and plans are to have her stripped and ready for the machine shop next weekend.
20220508_174029.jpg
20220515_132912.jpg

Got the inside and front face of the drawer lined. Turned out pretty good. Next will be the outer portion of the box. Didn’t turn out as good as @Somebodyelse5 did but I’m ok with that.

View attachment 3009824

View attachment 3009825
i think you did a great job!

I ended up putting some aluminum extrusion on the top edges today. Helps hold the edges down. When you do the body, the carpet doesn’t like to make the curve so put extra glue there :)
FA218B5E-5B49-4A21-8E4B-B8973627E18B.jpeg

i think you did a great job!

I ended up putting some aluminum extrusion on the top edges today. Helps hold the edges down. When you do the body, the carpet doesn’t like to make the curve so put extra glue there :)
View attachment 3009848
Damn. That looks really Nice!! Where’d you find the aluminum? I was thinking about that earlier.

Damn. That looks really Nice!! Where’d you find the aluminum? I was thinking about that earlier.
It’s just extruded aluminum from the small metal rack they have at lowes or ace. Cut to fit, drilled and countersunk for #6 x 1/2” screws.

Painful weekend. Birfs, diffs/TC oils, and dobinsons lift. Spent several hours just scraping muddy grease off parts. For the lift went with C59-222V for the fronts and C59-169 for rears. Big thanks to @crikeymike for helping me choose.
View attachment 3009959View attachment 3009960
Sounds like a like of work, good job. Curious on your Hub to Fender dimensions F/R with those particular springs - did you measure that after the install?

Got the rest of it covered. Looks way better in the back now without the wood.

79AD0851-C742-4E55-98E8-42A6E918FB0C.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: b16
I've been trying to diagnose a sudden catastrophic battery drain issue...

o_Oo_Oo_O

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom