Builds Meet “Marge” our new Piggy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks @WarDamnEagle. It’s almost sorted. The test drive showed I got a little more work to do. I had to “feather” or very very very slowly push the accelerator when taking off from 1st or up shifting. It’s lagging like it’s taking the RPM’s a while to catch up.

Does one set the timing with the vac unplugged from the distributor? Does the port on the distributor need to be plugged when setting timing? I failed to unplug the vacuum tube coming off the carb to the distributor when I set my timing. Can anyone confirm this may be my issue?

It’s been so long since I tuned a 2F I can’t remember the order to do everything. Is below what most folks do?

1. Adjust valves
2. Get idle close?
3. Unplug vacuum from distributor
4. Plug vacuum line coming off carb
5. Set timing
6. Lean drop

Last edited:
Is below what most folks do?
Pretty much yes.
Steps 7 and 8 is going back and forth between adjusting timing and adjusting idle speed to give you the idle you like.
Step 9 is driving it with your dizzy bolt wrench with you .

HA! Thanks @Pighead. Funny you say that cause I have both the dizzy wrench and the screw driver for adjusting idle speed in the rig for the foreseeable future.

Xmas in May! Thanks @Midgainc for the beautifully restored hinges. Can’t wait to get these on Marge!
C319B645-DD7F-4B0C-98C7-F7E18054534F.jpeg

Have not touched Marge in so long I was worried I was gonna get the cold shoulder. Finally getting mom and dad situated in the new place had a bit of time. Needed a little wrench time to unwind. @Pigeaten was kind enough to sell me a NOS air inlet a looonnnnggg time ago. Put about 4 coats of black engine enamel on it over the last 3 days and mounted her up today with city racer hose and clamps. When you piss the ladies off jewelry always helps. Marge and I are back on speaking terms now I believe.
6C874038-56D6-4089-8078-A61C98D66B17.jpeg

Have not touched Marge in so long I was worried I was gonna get the cold shoulder. Finally getting mom and dad situated in the new place had a bit of time. Needed a little wrench time to unwind. @Pigeaten was kind enough to sell me a NOS air inlet a looonnnnggg time ago. Put about 4 coats of black engine enamel on it over the last 3 days and mounted her up today with city racer hose and clamps. When you piss the ladies off jewelry always helps. Marge and I are back on speaking terms now I believe.View attachment 3321057

everything looks so so so goodie goodie !

can we see the OEM factory FujistuTEN ?

i did a whole FJ55 ONLY history thread here while back

if you played a short video of that radio LIVE that would indeed be a Historical first ,

a FJ55 Factory Radio has NEVER been recorded on Video turned on , installed in a FJ55

that much i can say is FACT

welcome back

matt :)

D7ABCAF8-9385-4107-AEB1-4B8127AE730D - Copy.jpg

Have not touched Marge in so long I was worried I was gonna get the cold shoulder. Finally getting mom and dad situated in the new place had a bit of time. Needed a little wrench time to unwind. @Pigeaten was kind enough to sell me a NOS air inlet a looonnnnggg time ago. Put about 4 coats of black engine enamel on it over the last 3 days and mounted her up today with city racer hose and clamps. When you piss the ladies off jewelry always helps. Marge and I are back on speaking terms now I believe.View attachment 3321057
I bet that felt like a good day under the hood!!!

Question. Should I have this capped off? This has probably been answered ad nauseam but I’m being lazy and just asking instead of searching
90A27B47-158A-4469-BFA5-02CAA62C5E70.jpeg

Next up @Midgainc hinge install, @ToyotaMatt bitchin stereo and last but not least the the window wipers I picked up from real steel. I’m thinking I’ll be ready for some camping trips at that point but who knows something else will probably pop up…

Next up @Midgainc hinge install, @ToyotaMatt bitchin stereo and last but not least the the window wipers I picked up from real steel. I’m thinking I’ll be ready for some camping trips at that point but who knows something else will probably pop up…

ill trade u this NOS straight up shipped to your shop first thing tomorrow :D

- in exchange for a 60 second good creative and full live functions test , ALL functions ,no cheating here

- of your professionally restored inside and out FJ55 factory Audio master KIT plug and play i heard u got from YEMEN

F5D3883D-75EF-4E6B-8874-68B475589D2E.jpeg
4F63845C-E8D3-46DB-9C63-F0598706A09E.jpeg
3194FC5D-FB9B-4F55-89B0-0E217C95EA0F.jpeg
95645318-C16E-430F-8D2E-EEA92C234634.jpeg

All in due time sir @ToyotaMatt . Still not enough time to really tackle anything too big. The radio install is likely going to lead to me messing with electrical which I’m freaking horrible at (which = more time) plus I’m either going to have to remove the front seat or become a contortionist to mount those OEM speakers you sent. Don’t get me wrong I’m jonesing to do a bunch of stuff but don’t have more than 30 minutes at a time right now.

Can you post a video of this? 😆

Instead of grazing all over a bunch of greasy and grimy mid job-scope still shots that folks are common place seeing here and there …

Shooting short or not so short Reels / tech or simply glamor final icing on ones cake events is a way that these this now become a marked moment in Vintage Toyota Land Cruiser history …

It may surprise some to find out prior the inside out white gloves level Professional Restore-and-so-much-more ….

I hit the advance search harder then hard to see if anywhere globally On the globe existed A factory Toyota FJ55 clip of it’s radio on making sound in some way ???

I found no such evidence !!

So this became my initial spark ⚡️ document on digital Playback Media

Note : I will finish the why here in a bit

Below are very relevant FJ55 factory audio part getting there final checkin Before boxing up

- both were historic firsts and now are cemented in the FJ55 Archives

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom