Dissent offroad 200 series offerings. (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ordered front and rear bumpers 9/28/21
Shipped 3/31/22
Delivered 4/12/22

196 days or 6 months 15 days to get delivered -- but 1000% worth the wait

Ordered front and rear bumpers 9/28/21
Shipped 3/31/22
Delivered 4/12/22

196 days or 6 months 15 days to get delivered -- but 1000% worth the wait
Same here, 6 months and it was in the pre pandemic world.

So basically 6-7 months. Not bad given what it is and the current times but it would be nice if they would update the info given to be more accurate instead of continuing to quote 3-3.5 months. No one is debating whether or not they are worth it, you just have to treat it like the NFA game, pay for your crap and then hurry up and wait. Like others have said, the best thing to do is forget about it altogether and then you'll be pleasantly surprised when it shows up.

Like you suggested @Tex68w, I ordered mine and then tried to forget about it as best I could. That was easy enough to do in the Vermont winter. It got harder once trip season arrived and I was eager to get it for travel.

My rear bumper is on the way with Fedex arriving tomorrow, ordered last November 23. I could have had it a few of weeks ago, but I was traveling (OBX), and then the guys at Dissent were at Moab, so it added a few weeks to the delivery. Totally my choice to not have it delivered while I was out of town.

My thinking is that these are semi custom parts after all, not some off the shelf mass produced item. I can see a standard product like ARB or Kaymar being in relatively ready stock, where you get what you get.

If they weren't so awesome, there wouldn't be so much demand and a big backlog.

I figure that quality takes time, and will totally be worth the wait.

Can I ask when you ordered the rear bumper? I have one on the way and I'm wondering if it's getting close being ready.
I just looked at my receipt and it turns out, my order was placed in January and not February as I initially indicated. I apologize for the mix up.

My thinking is that these are semi custom parts after all, not some off the shelf mass produced item. I can see a standard product like ARB or Kaymar being in relatively ready stock, where you get what you get.

If they weren't so awesome, there wouldn't be so much demand and a big backlog.

I figure that quality takes time, and will totally be worth the wait.
All this 100%. When asked about mine I say it’s custom because it pretty much is. I consulted with Ben a few times about my needs and there were solutions made to work for those needs. Yeah, all the Dissent stuff is built off a base but even those are made mostly, if not completely by hand. Also, no one has asked me what they cost because it’s obvious you have a seriously quality piece and you got what you paid for. 10/10 would buy again and wait.

I find myself torn between the low-profile bumper and the full wrap version. Has anyone here purchased the full-wrap version?

Got any pics you can share?

Here ya go. I threw one in without the bull bar so you can see it without.
72EEC3C7-6744-4A9F-9D32-1CF800BF56E8.jpeg
580AE409-C868-4CC8-AFFE-8364E1306920.jpeg
F5FCE287-2613-4EA3-8C03-DE9141EAA7D7.jpeg
E357AA82-D3E6-4295-AD36-1897E2D37799.jpeg
E64EFEB5-A419-49C1-BD54-6E32A1F5A15D.jpeg

Mine are getting close to being built according to Cole. Breckenridge is getting close🤞

Interesting--so the bull bar is fully bolt on/removable? That is what I had assumed based on the photos I had seen, but never heard an actual confirmation. I had hoped it was exactly that so I could leave it off around town and put it back on when I'm traveling out west with a higher risk for an animal strike. Last I e-mailed Dissent they said it was a limited run and they're no longer offering the bars. I wonder if Ben could be convinced to do another run with them...

Last I e-mailed Dissent they said it was a limited run and they're no longer offering the bars. I wonder if Ben could be convinced to do another run with them...

Weird, I emailed them recently and I wasn’t told that about the bar.

Interesting--so the bull bar is fully bolt on/removable? That is what I had assumed based on the photos I had seen, but never heard an actual confirmation. I had hoped it was exactly that so I could leave it off around town and put it back on when I'm traveling out west with a higher risk for an animal strike. Last I e-mailed Dissent they said it was a limited run and they're no longer offering the bars. I wonder if Ben could be convinced to do another run with them...
Yup, totally removable. 3 bolts on each end and 8 nuts and bolts in the middle. If you have a winch a couple in the middle are kind of a pain but not too bad. The bar is a snug fit so you may want 2 people to guide it on along the sides.

Hey guys. Sorry for the absence here! We have been working tirelessly to get on top of lead times and ultimately working towards building to stock.
At the moment the lc200 bumpers are the most ordered, most complicated and most time consuming to build. Most orders do not take 6 months but a few have been hit with the perfect storm and I sincerely apologize.
As you will notice we have had to temporarily discontinue many items while we try and improve lead times. Some of these item may return some may not. At the moment aluminum is extremely high and harder to come by than ever, this only adds to the difficulty’s. Trust me, we do not like these lead times either as we have eaten a lot of cost involved due to the lead time.
As for the bull bar, this may come back but we need to get our tube production quicker and more profitable and get on top of the lead times first.
All that to say we have taken some huge steps into streamlining the manufacturing process and are on track to actually have stock soon! In the meantime lead times are looking much better but we are hesitant to advertise this as with the current market this can change quickly.
We appreciate all the support! Please know we are doing everything in our power to get you your items as soon as possible! While we cannot guarantee the exact lead time at the moment we can guarantee you will get the quality that you have come to expect.

As for the bull bar, this may come back but we need to get our tube production quicker and more profitable and get on top of the lead times first.

If we go ahead and order a front bumper and you do bring the bull bar back, is that something that would be available for custom order by itself or would it need to be purchased at the time of order with the bumper? Basically can I go ahead and jump in line with a bumper order now or would I need to wait until a decision is made about the bull bar in the future?

So basically 6-7 months. Not bad given what it is and the current times but it would be nice if they would update the info given to be more accurate instead of continuing to quote 3-3.5 months. No one is debating whether or not they are worth it, you just have to treat it like the NFA game, pay for your crap and then hurry up and wait. Like others have said, the best thing to do is forget about it altogether and then you'll be pleasantly surprised when it shows up.
Most orders do not go this long.
If we go ahead and order a front bumper and you do bring the bull bar back, is that something that would be available for custom order by itself or would it need to be purchased at the time of order with the bumper? Basically can I go ahead and jump in line with a bumper order now or would I need to wait until a decision is made about the bull bar in the future?
Yes. It could be added later however you would need to drill the holes into the sides of the bumper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom