Wanted Need bolts to attach 38mm t-case to an H55 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CenTXFJ60

SILVER Star
Threads
Doing a 5-speed conversion on a 62. We tried getting bolts from a local Toyota place in SA and don't think these will work. They were honest and said they had no idea, but took a guess. Regardless, I don't even know if it requires 4 or 6. If anyone has a spare set it would be a huge help.
Thanks
Jim

The front half of the transfer case bolts to the H55f with four bolts (five bolts for the H42 4-speed) and the rear half of the case has the top two long bolts (also through the front half of the case), for a total of six. Edit: There is another long bolt (same as the top two bolts) at the bottom, for a total of seven.

Last edited:
The front half of the transfer case bolts to the H55f with four bolts (five bolts for the H42 4-speed) and the rear half of the case has the top two long bolts (also through the front half of the case), for a total of six.
We did get 2 really long bolts from the dealer. So that would make sense. I believe I need the bolts that tie into the H55 from the inside of the front of the case.

Can anyone tell me how long (mm) the 4 inner bolts are that mate the t-case to the back of a H55? I can source them locally at a bolt shop (hopefully). Or it would be awesome if someone knows the part #. Thanks. Jim
@kmj64

Here's what I'm finding from removing the bolts from my '86 FJ60 with H42 4-speed (has extension housing to match length of H55f 5-speed):

Exterior bolts (I believe you already have the two top bolts)

Three long bolts (two at top and one at bottom center) through both rear and front halves of the transfer case - M12X1.25 172mm long

One long bolt through front half of transfer case only (near lower front corner of PTO cover) - M12X1.25 127mm long

As far as the interior bolts go I mocked-up the assembly of the front half of the transfer case to the rear of my new H55f (using a 17mm spacer to represent the thickness of the front half of the transfer case):

Interior Bolts (for H55f)

Three long bolts - M12X1.25 127mm long

The bolts needed when I install my FJ62 transfer case onto my H55f are different than the bolts I have from my A440F, so I'll be looking for the same bolts you are. BTW, do you have the part number for the two longer (172mm) top bolts? I'll try to find the part number for the 127mm bolts.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Here's a photo of one of the 127mm long bolts (top of photo) from my '86 FJ60 transmission/transfer case (the exterior bolt that is near the lower front corner of the PTO cover). The bolt below it in the photo is an earlier bolt from a one-piece transfer case (I forget the specific application). It's about 126mm long, but would work fine for the four shorter bolts you're looking for (one exterior and three interior) - you'd just have to get appropriately sized lock washers and flat washers (similar to the captive washers on the longer bolts you got from the dealer). I'm thinking of using these earlier bolts for my project.

I have nine of the earlier bolts, but I'd only need four for my project. I can send you four bolts via USPS Priority Mail on Monday if you're interested. Let me know. $10 should cover shipping.

Transfer-Case-127mm-Bolt.jpg

Gulf nailed it above, and Kevin clarified count and position.

To recap:

Use bolts from a post 5/85 FJ60

or

Order Toyota:
4 #90119-12047 & 3 #90119-12235

or

Aftermarket:
4 @ 12mm x 1.25 x 125mm & 3 @ 12mm x 1.25 x 170mm

Mitch

Confirms what I found. Are the two long bolts you got from Toyota 90119-12235?

@4Cruisers Bump from the dead

Can you confirm if 90119-12235 is for the three bolts that take the short half of the split case to the extension housing?

This is for my 38mm vac shift case to the H55F. I had to borrow some from my buddy from a core case and I need to replace them.

Have you seen this?

90119-12235 appears to be the correct part number.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom