Temp Sensor connection (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've finally gotten all of the gauges on my FJ to work. Sort of.

The temp sensor works (with alligator clips), but I can't find any information on the type of connector that's supposed to be between the sensor and the wire.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

DSC_0000_BURST20220513182422685_COVER~2.JPG

Sometimes, a regular female spade connector, without plastic insulator, will slide on.
There is also a special connector for those (you might have something similar on your oil pressure sender) and ToyotaMatt has those. So might Coolerman, so might your dealer.

Yeah, the specialness of the special connector, IIRC, is just a slot cut in the plastic insulator to allow it to slide on sideways. You could probably make your own with a Dremel

The temp sensor works (with alligator clips), but I can't find any information on the type of connector that's supposed to be between the sensor and the wire.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

View attachment 3008106

this is NOT a ordinary simple spade connector ..........

please take a moment and enlighten your self about the correct OEM Early Button style LOCKING DETENT Ball made in JAPAN solid brass POSITIVE Grip and

POSITIVE current flow Terminals i offer

why u ask ?

because nothing else matters on this topic except this video and what you are about to feast your eyes on below ..........

feel free to ask the @Engineer8000 's professional
Mr' Wizard's Level opinion on this topic too ,

note : this is and will be the EXACT same solid brass terminal / terminals used on the tall button connector type coolant sender , all oem oil pressure sending units , and

all oem spade connector coolant senders and all oe spade connector starters too , its simply the only way to roll ...........

Last edited:

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

View attachment 3008106

please see this link below :

if you simply make DARN sure u ADD some detailed instructions in the CHECK-OUT Notes , ill hand make kustom Taylor you to order one of these with the correct YELLOW / w green tracer stripe wire , this will be long enough to reach your CLUSTER METER TEMP. gauge via the RING Terminal VIA 1 single HOME Run Length ....

if you do indeed add the check out notes requested , and required ill toss in a oem ring terminals too , to crimp on end and secure my new yellow / w green tracer stripe wire to your cluster meter gauge copper hex nut stud ..........

THIS IS THE WAY

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom