What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (27 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Installed the front seat covers. This color pretty much matches the top dash/steering wheel color. These are the charcoal poly cotton tough canvas from Equipt. Very satisfied. Great recommendation from the forum as always.

2814E34B-CA89-43A0-91C3-C22663257F82.jpeg

Installed rear lower control arm mount skids. It took a lot of pounding to get them on, so had to touch them up with a quick shot of spray paint.

Pro tip: after putting the new arm mount bolt through, use a jack against the front of the skid (only on one corner), then pound other front corner with a 2lb hammer: the pressure from the jack and impact from the hammer moves the skid the rest of the way up where it needs to be. Then (still on jack) drill one hole and install bolt, then remove jack and do other hole + bolt.

View attachment 2983536
View attachment 2983537
Thanks for the tip! I’m in Lakewood and going to putting these on my 200 when my Bud Built Skids and sliders arrived shortly

I think Black Rhino, but let me check.

Nice modification!

Home Depot parking lot claims another victim

20220514_120317.jpg

How could that happen🤔

My guess is someone carrying lumber over their shoulder or someone with a pickup with lumber hanging out over the tailgate backed into it.

If anybody has any pointers or a writeup on how to take apart the rear interior panels, I think I'll try to push it out.

My guess is someone carrying lumber over their shoulder or someone with a pickup with lumber hanging out over the tailgate backed into it.

If anybody has any pointers or a writeup on how to take apart the rear interior panels, I think I'll try to push it out.
There is a write up on how to install an after market roof rack that shows how to remove the interior panels. I think it's on a LX but should be really similar.

Edit - found the thread.

Last edited:
Installed Firestone 4164 helper airbags (and I added this 1/4" wire loom to the air tubes to protect them), as well as a set of rear lower control arm skids that I got from @turbo8. I added a hand pump that maxes out at 30psi, since the airbags max out at 35psi. The hand pump works pretty well, it went from 0 to 5 psi after 15 pumps.

20220514_152339.jpg

20220514_154218.jpg

20220514_163939.jpg

Rear lower control arm skids - they are fantastic quality!
20220514_161447.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom