For Sale SWB Fixed Cab Rear Split Window Rubber Extrusion Group Buy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Soon guys...soon! New mold is in process. Last two weeks the first set was fitted in my ‘65 Ol Mater fj45. A second set is being made now with very minor adjustments so they fit better than OEM seals. the new rear-split window seals for the fj45 will be available in the Fall. I have been working with CEO Roger Peng with City Racer LLC. To make this happen so everyone can benefit!

is this still active?

@Ndisgyz

do you have any news to share? I've respected your request "please don’t bombard him with questions as to “when they will be ready” as the expectation is for a Fall release date".

have the refined extrusions been proofed. have the refined extrusions been approved for production? Have the refined extrusions been produced? What is a realistic sale date?

@Ndisgyz

do you have any news to share? I've respected your request "please don’t bombard him with questions as to “when they will be ready” as the expectation is for a Fall release date".

have the refined extrusions been proofed. have the refined extrusions been approved for production? Have the refined extrusions been produced? What is a realistic sale date?
The seals were fitted and the final adjustment to mold was made. He had them in production. As we all know Covid has caused some supply chain issues. He planned to release them on his website in Spring then due to those reasons he had to push it back to fall. I haven’t spoken to him lately so my best guess is it may release in 2022.

Just keep checking his website…City Racer LLC

The image here of my Yellow fj45 is how they fit, look just prior to the last tiny modification in the mold.

5A59198E-BFEA-46F2-AA85-B1415BE3C521.jpeg

I don't have a precise ETA, but it'll be the later part of this year. We accidentally damaged the mould after making a few prototype pieces. It's currently being repaired and we hope to go to production around mid-year. Production will require additional time after that.

well that's disappointing

anyone have a decent original set they would be willing to sell?

@Ndisgyz what about your “old” set?
my truck lived it's life in the Nevada high desert. when I had to remove the windows, the extrusion did not fare well. It cannot be reused

my fault, I thought your inquiry was with my original set

Last edited:
This is how they handled the sliding windows in early snow cats. The top left picture. This rubber is still available.

View attachment 2625807

I ordered enough of this weatherstrip to do the 2 windows on my truck. They’re going to ship it today and I should have it sometime next week. I’ll post the results. At $5.64 a foot it was inexpensive enough to give it a shot.

Do you have the glass? Looking forward to your results.

Update for City Racer: We've repaired our mould. Current ETA for production complete is August timeframe.

This is a pair of fully moulded weatherstrip with a pillar in the middle. There's no substitute for creating the moulds if you want it to look and function like the original.

Everything seems to take longer in this environment, but we'll get there.

Last edited:
Update for City Racer: We've repaired our mould. Current ETA for production complete is August timeframe.

This is a pair of fully moulded weatherstrip with a pillar in the middle. There's no substitute for creating the moulds if you want it to look and function like the original.

Everything seems to take longer in this environment, but we'll get there.

THANKS for taking it on! Never expected to ever get new window rubber for my Fixed Top, going to be worth the wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom