On the lookout for a GX 460 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,

I am on the lookout for a GX 460, the Moab trip really made me realize the limitations of the 70 on a long trip like that. Its great offroad, but I really missed the simple comfort items like cruise control, auto trans, and road manners for a 80mph speed limit highways. So i think its time supplement the herd with a rig that will be more comfortable for trips like those. Narrowed it down to a GX 460, I am monitoring the usual classifieds and interwebs, but if you come across lead on a good specimen let me know!

My dad has one, loves it. Of course it won't be able to run the same trails or have the same level of durability of the 70 but it sure does win in the comfort department.

I came to the realization as well that my 80, if heavily loaded, just isn't up for 80MPH speeds especially into headwinds. If more lightly loaded it can do it but full gear, especially on the roof (too much aero), it's just not up for it. That said, if you find yourself looking for something with comfort and the 70's off road capability, an 80 is a good balance. It's not as comfortable as the 460 for sure but it balances the on/off road characteristics.

Frank

I have a 2012 with 112k, lifetime CA truck with zero rust. PM me if interested, I go back ad forth on selling it but if it's an easy sale that could be good for both of us.

@bemerritt I think a statement like that deserves at least one picture!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom