ONSC Chat (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Y’all are absolutely killing me! @Comet You are not the first to ask about Bucky. Get in line behind @dbenke, but I’m telling y’all, you’ll have to get a backhoe and dig it up because when I die, I’m getting buried in that rusty piece of crap.

@roadstr6 Phew, I thought you were getting out of the game. Man I am just warming up. You don’t want Bucky to get buried with you, that would mess up the paint.

Love how sometimes stuff just follows you home, best work trip I’ve had in a while!

2D8F9F2A-40BE-47C1-8BCB-DB26F397572D.jpeg

Yeah that’s the one! Gonna be a fun project I think and looking forward to it fitting the whole family

View attachment 3007666
Well congratulations! I was going to reach out today to the seller, was looking through it last night and seemed like a great deal.

Love how sometimes stuff just follows you home, best work trip I’ve had in a while!

View attachment 3007600
Super cool. From the pics, the frame looked solid. Needs some tlc on the body. Are you going to switch it it out to a SUV? Or maybe a camper on the bed? Can't wait to see the progress. Great buy!

@izzyandsue
Thanks man I’m really excited even my wife said it was cool haha.
Yeah really nice guy I messaged him early this week and he was willing to hold it for me till I finished with my job in Ohio really glad he was willing to just seemed like kind of a unique cruiser.

@uzj100 Fram and everything under it looks to be pretty good the body is solid on top and bottom and even if he windshield frame looks good fenders seem to have small rust areas but nothing to bad. Worst is at the bottom of the doors those will get replacement panels in the future goal for the next few weeks is clean it up and get as much rust treatment done as I can till work begins on the motor and everything else.

For the bed I do want to maybe do a different flat bed than what’s on it or I did initially but it’s kinda growing on me. I would like to do maybe a tube bed in the back with a cage to hold a spare and any kind of extra tools and camping stuff not sure if I’ll go for a RTT or anything like that yet but may also just keep an eye out for an old 45 bed if one ever shows up haha

@izzyandsue
Thanks man I’m really excited even my wife said it was cool haha.
Yeah really nice guy I messaged him early this week and he was willing to hold it for me till I finished with my job in Ohio really glad he was willing to just seemed like kind of a unique cruiser.

@uzj100 Fram and everything under it looks to be pretty good the body is solid on top and bottom and even if he windshield frame looks good fenders seem to have small rust areas but nothing to bad. Worst is at the bottom of the doors those will get replacement panels in the future goal for the next few weeks is clean it up and get as much rust treatment done as I can till work begins on the motor and everything else.

For the bed I do want to maybe do a different flat bed than what’s on it or I did initially but it’s kinda growing on me. I would like to do maybe a tube bed in the back with a cage to hold a spare and any kind of extra tools and camping stuff not sure if I’ll go for a RTT or anything like that yet but may also just keep an eye out for an old 45 bed if one ever shows up haha
@WhiteTiger911 Going to be an awesome project! Look forward to seeing the progress.

42 years ago today and still one of the most amazing pictures out there.

The story goes this guy planed to go take some.ouctures for a local paper of the mountain that day. In the night his house lost power briefly and canceled out his alarm clock and he slept passed his planned departure time. If he has left on schedule he would have been riding his dirt bike near the trails of spirit lake and been vaporized during the eruption.

FB_IMG_1652909984075.jpg

Nice run of the ring...................... in a 100 series lol

Local guy that is driving his way through Europe.

Edit: Ahh dang it looks like it isn't a public post.

Fridges. I'm looking into them for GSMTR and as a general excuse to finally get one. Other than the ARB Classic that is tried and true, what does everyone have and do they like it? Hoping for some non-biased (read: sponsored) feedback here from folks I know. It'll be used for wheeling trips and probably 10-15 days a year for track days so call it 30-40 days per year.

Dometic's are 20% off until the 30th and ICECO has coupons floating around the web for money off. Prices below reflect current discount prices I've found.

Dometic's seem to have the lowest power draw which is a plus. I know about the recall from 2020 as well. The ICECO seem nice and a few buddies have them but have only had them for a year or so so not much long term reliability reports yet. Engel is always tried and true but most expensive next to the ARBs.

Currently on the list:
- Dometic 55IM single zone with ice maker - $960
- Dometic 75DZ dual zone - $1,120
- ICECO VL60 dual zone - $750
- ICECO VL60PROS single zone - $710
- ARB Classic Series II 50QT - $1,180
- ARB Zero 47qt - $1,262
- Engel MT45 - $1,260

The NL and Snomaster fridges are great but $$$.

Last edited:
I have an older Engel that I’ve had for several years now and am very pleased with it. Cools down very quick and freezes well also if needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom