Make an introduction (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey guys, Trevor here, I have an 82 40 pretty much all stock from when it left the showroom with the usual rust in rear and driver floorboard I'll be fixing/restoring soon. My first cruiser was a red 81 when I was 16 in 1990, paid $3500 for it lol Had 4 since and not letting this 82 go. I'm in Parker, be good to have some cruiser guys to ask questions and ideas with and hopefully do some meetups on the trail or locally.

Hey fellow greenies -
Not much free time to meet up, but always on the lookout for cool places that the machine can take me and the fam.
Colorado Land Cruisers club is tasked with assisting the USFS tomorrow and Sunday.

Would love to have ya'll out. Can you make it?

Just want to say hi from up here in Fairplay. Running a 97 triple locked with all the fixings..was building a show truck till I rolled it so now I just send it. Here's a Pic before the roll. Would love to meet some people up this way to off-road with. Look forward to connecting with you all

Screenshot_20210621_101120.jpg

Hello! I just recently relocated to the Denver area from Florida. Very much looking forward to meeting some local cruiserheads and joining some trail runs. I plan to be at the Snow Wheeling Intro that the Rising Sun 4x4 Club is putting on in early February. I've already gotten out in the snow along rampart range road and rainbow falls OHV area a bit. I wish I could join some of you this Saturday but I already made plans with a buddy of mine to go do some light dirtbiking near Tarryall, depending on how much snow they have/get today. I'm somewhat active in the 100 series section here on mud, but only have a peripheral knowledge of other cruisers. I am a decent mechanic though, always happy to help others wrenching.

Wife and kids will be joining me out here this July, so we're looking forward to getting out in the mountains as much as possible!

Moab in July 21:
IMG_2520_20210617_212559.jpg

Arrival in westminster, Jan 22:
PXL_20220103_150622361.jpg

Hello! I just recently relocated to the Denver area from Florida. Very much looking forward to meeting some local cruiserheads and joining some trail runs. I plan to be at the Snow Wheeling Intro that the Rising Sun 4x4 Club is putting on in early February. I've already gotten out in the snow along rampart range road and rainbow falls OHV area a bit. I wish I could join some of you this Saturday but I already made plans with a buddy of mine to go do some light dirtbiking near Tarryall, depending on how much snow they have/get today. I'm somewhat active in the 100 series section here on mud, but only have a peripheral knowledge of other cruisers. I am a decent mechanic though, always happy to help others wrenching.

Wife and kids will be joining me out here this July, so we're looking forward to getting out in the mountains as much as possible!

Moab in July 21:
View attachment 2900996

Arrival in westminster, Jan 22:
View attachment 2900997

Welcome! There is a ton of dirt biking around rampart and 357. Tons of fun single track off rampart. 717 is great double track around divide. I don't know what kind if bike you are running, but I've ridden pretty much everything around here, and I'm happy to give suggestions if you want.

If you ever go though Woodland Park and I'm around, stop by and say hi!

The Gulches are kind of the intro trails to do around here, pretty easy and fun. China wall is also a ton of fun, right by Terryall

-DJ

20200813_150840.jpg

20210925_172556.jpg

Intro trails are what I'm looking for right now! Tarryall is supposed to be nice and easy to start with and we were going to check out China Wall while we were there to at least gauge the conditions. My buddy (Paul) has a 3rd gen Tacoma that he's working on lifting. Paul has been here a couple years now (also a FL transplant) and has a few places he's going to take me so I can get used to 1) cold, 2) elevation, and 3) rocks!

I ride a street legal WR250R so I don't ride any trails that are too crazy. Paul has a KTM EXC5xx(they keep changing the numbers, can't remember which number is on his!).

I'll definitely drop by woodland park sometime. I'm sure I'll be in the area regularly since my friend lives in the springs! Cool little town.

IMG_20180609_142429183_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

Intro trails are what I'm looking for right now! Tarryall is supposed to be nice and easy to start with and we were going to check out China Wall while we were there to at least gauge the conditions. My buddy (Paul) has a 3rd gen Tacoma that he's working on lifting. Paul has been here a couple years now (also a FL transplant) and has a few places he's going to take me so I can get used to 1) cold, 2) elevation, and 3) rocks!

I ride a street legal WR250R so I don't ride any trails that are too crazy. Paul has a KTM EXC5xx(they keep changing the numbers, can't remember which number is on his!).

I'll definitely drop by woodland park sometime. I'm sure I'll be in the area regularly since my friend lives in the springs! Cool little town.

View attachment 2901034

I ran a 250 for several years, and they are a great size for around here. The biggest thing that helps around here is gearing down. It sucks if you ride a bunch of highways, but I usually drop a tooth on the front sprocket, and go up 2-4 on the rear, depending on how the bike feels. I'm currently running a 17 Husky FE350 with a vortex ECU, full FMF, and Tubliss (the BEST thing you can do on a bike around here beside Mousse inserts. The rocks around here love to pinch tubes).

Please, do register your bike and get the stickers through the forest service, it's like $25, and helps keep the trails in shape and funds the free maps you can grab there. The rangers will also ticket you if you get caught riding without the tags ;). It doesn't matter if you are tagged and street legal. The same applies to your trail rig.

Also, download COTrex on your phone. It's free CO State mapping software that has all National forest, forest service, and other trails that is GPS based. It works just about everywhere, even if you don't have cell service. It's the best way to keep a map of all the trails around here, as long as you download the map block that you are in.

Last edited:
I ran a 250 for several years, and they are a great size for around here. The biggest thing that helps around here is gearing down. It sucks if you ride a bunch of highways, but I usually drop a tooth on the front sprocket, and go up 2-4 on the rear, depending on how the bike feels. I'm currently running a 17 Husky FE350 with a vortex ECU, full FMF, and Tubliss (the BEST thing you can do on a bike around here beside Mousse inserts. The rocks around here love to pinch tubes).

Please, do register your bike and get the stickers through the forest service, it's like $25, and helps keep the trails in shape and funds the free maps you can grab there. The rangers will also ticket you if you get caught riding without the tags ;). It doesn't matter if you are tagged and street legal. The same applies to your trail rig.

Also, download COTrex on your phone. It's free CO State mapping software that has all National forest, forest service, and other trails that is GPS based. It works just about everywhere, even if you don't have cell service. It's the best way to keep a map of all the trails around here, as long as you download the map block that you are in.

I have not even heard of Tubliss before, that's awesome. Looks like my next investment! We'll have to see how my 250 runs up here. I've never really felt like the engine was the low point of this bike - it's more the weight and suspension. I have retuned it with the FMF programmer. I'm also down one tooth up front, and I think up two or three rear. It's geared like a tractor.

I already ordered a permit but it hasn't arrived yet. I did keep the email with my temp registration tho, so should be okay there. As for the trail rig, I'm waiting to see if I end up on any trails that require a permit. I saw a list of the routes that required a permit on vehicle, but since I'm in a 100 series, I don't tend to do anything that tight and narrow, and I didn't see any trails listed that I planned to go down in the near future. When needed, I have no issue grabbing a permit for the LX as well.

Definitely getting COTrex - been recommended several times! I also have Gaia GPS with most of Colorado downloaded, including MVUMs.

Thanks for all the advice!

I have not even heard of Tubliss before, that's awesome. Looks like my next investment! We'll have to see how my 250 runs up here. I've never really felt like the engine was the low point of this bike - it's more the weight and suspension. I have retuned it with the FMF programmer. I'm also down one tooth up front, and I think up two or three rear. It's geared like a tractor.

I already ordered a permit but it hasn't arrived yet. I did keep the email with my temp registration tho, so should be okay there. As for the trail rig, I'm waiting to see if I end up on any trails that require a permit. I saw a list of the routes that required a permit on vehicle, but since I'm in a 100 series, I don't tend to do anything that tight and narrow, and I didn't see any trails listed that I planned to go down in the near future. When needed, I have no issue grabbing a permit for the LX as well.

Definitely getting COTrex - been recommended several times! I also have Gaia GPS with most of Colorado downloaded, including MVUMs.

Thanks for all the advice!

Sounds like you are all sorted! Hope to see you out here one of these days!

Sounds like you are all sorted! Hope to see you out here one of these days!

Went with a couple friends out to Tarryall on saturday. Was a good intro to snow biking.

Florida plates in snow!
IMG-20220123-WA0002.jpg

Trading war stories:
IMG-20220123-WA0001.jpg

As it turns out, snow hides ice. Who knew? My buddy took a picture instead of helping me up.
IMG-20220123-WA0000.jpg

Hey folks! I moved to the Springs in 2017 for a job change/relocation. Living in the Falcon/Peyton area. Haven’t done much wheeling since I’ve been in Colorado so looking to meet some folks and do some wheeling/camping. I have a FJ40 and FJ62. Have owned a few other 40 and 60 series in the past. The 40 is what I use for wheeling and recently put on FI. Has a SBC, TH400, Orion T-case, FF & RR ARBs, SOA and 36” IROKs. From Northern California and have done a lot of wheeling there like Rubicon, Dusy, Coyote, Mirror, Brewer, Swamp, Fordyce, Barrett, Slick Rock, Etc.

When and where is the next opportunity to meet?

Mike

20180512_135619.jpg

@miker looks like a well-built rig!

The next scheduled trail ride is 3rd Saturday, which is May 21st. Keep an eye for a new trail ride thread--we'll post details there.

the next "business meeting/social" is supposed to be next Tuesday, May 17th. We are looking at some venues for a "parking lot social" now that the weather is warm.

@OhmStyles are you still up on Fairplay/South Park? Your avatar says Parker...just curious....our May trail ride is in the Buena Vista area (Bald Mountain Gulch, Bald Mountain Loop).

Last edited:
The next scheduled trail ride is 3rd Saturday, which is May 21st. Keep an eye for a new trail ride thread--we'll post details there.

the next "business meeting/social" is supposed to be next Tuesday, May 17th. We are looking at some venues for a "parking lot social" now that the weather is warm.
Thanks! Will keep an eye out for more details.

Hi I'd like to introduce myself........ My name is Greg and I've been missing from this club for about 2 years now LOL:flush:. Finally getting schedules and everything settled again and I plan on making trail runs here coming up. Working evenings I probably wont be making meetings though. Hope everyone is doing well and its been much too long.

Hey, I'm Jeff.

Thanks to Malcolm for introducing me to the group. who parked behind me a few weeks ago and left a card on the windshield.

I just got it a few months ago and haven't gotten to take it out as much as I'd hoped thanks to being understaffed at my shop.

It's an 83 with an 83 with a 350 TBI and what I assume to be an OME lift kit. The swap was done in the late 90's so this motor has been in there longer than the original.

Other than swapping in some BMW seats and a tuneup haven't much with it yet.

IMG_1093.jpg

IMG_1536.jpg

Hey, I'm Jeff.

Thanks to Malcolm for introducing me to the group. who parked behind me a few weeks ago and left a card on the windshield.

I just got it a few months ago and haven't gotten to take it out as much as I'd hoped thanks to being understaffed at my shop.

It's an 83 with an 83 with a 350 TBI and what I assume to be an OME lift kit. The swap was done in the late 90's so this motor has been in there longer than the original.

Other than swapping in some BMW seats and a tuneup haven't much with it yet.

View attachment 3058791

View attachment 3058792
Welcome. Did they keep it a manual with the 350 swap?

Yes, its the original 4 speed. I doubt its actually the original as theres over 360k on the truck with approximately 90k on the new motor.
More than likely it is the original tranny. Those H42s are built like a brickhouse. Most of the time when those H42s go put people will opt in for the H55 because it is basically the same transmission just with that desired 5th gear for the interstate. I am just glad they kept it manual with 350 instead of doing the automatic 4l80 with it. Nice rig though. Hope to see it in person on one the club runs.

Reactions: SAS
More than likely it is the original tranny. Those H42s are built like a brickhouse. Most of the time when those H42s go put people will opt in for the H55 because it is basically the same transmission just with that desired 5th gear for the interstate. I am just glad they kept it manual with 350 instead of doing the automatic 4l80 with it. Nice rig though. Hope to see it in person on one the club runs.
@Manitou Decline ... you'd break it. :rofl:

Hey now. I just got putting in my next project to break. Jeremy is going to stop by the shop tomorrow for the initial start up. I am going to take for a ride and let him where I can his engine in his 80 if just gave me his check book.
20220715_203359.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom