Contemplating abandoning ship (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

People who talk about it are just seeking attention, just do it already, JUMP.

I’ve been asked multiple times to sell
My 2011….fÜck nope. Unless something comes along and really wows me, I’m holding on to it.

It's not an exciting platform, you can do exciting things in it though.

You have to really be into the long haul ownership experience for it to make sense in my mind unless the obvious use cases are primary considerations.
Your choices for getting in and out of the middle of nowhere alive are pretty slim.

If you even have an inkling of the 3-5 year boredom bug though, it ain't for you.

For almost every vehicle I’ve ever owned, at about 3-5 years I became preoccupied with what’s next. Not so with my LC’s. After 10 years I still love it. Point being, if you’re dreaming about the next thing at 1 year it’s not for you. Sell and let someone else enjoy it.

Landcruisers are like guns. You are only supposed to buy them.

Pretty much every point I was going to make has already been said here in one way or another lol. The others are right, if you're already bored and considering other things then it clearly isn't right for you and that's ok. You should sell, you'll get top dollar for it and some other lucky fool will go home a happy camper with his new to him HE 200, that's a win all around.

P.S.-I've had two GX's and while they were great vehicles they don't compare in any way to a 200, I do have high hopes for the new one though.

On LC #4 over a span of 30 years. Can't imagine being without one....really sorry to hear your '21 has disappointed you.
On the plus side, you'll perhaps make a profit when you sell it. Hopefully, that'll be the case for you.

Don't sell it other 2021 makes and brands will be worse.

Not gonna lie, better designed and placed cup holders and CarPlay would make it infinitely better. That just goes to show you how good it already is when those are the big items that need attention lol.

Not gonna lie, better designed and placed cup holders and CarPlay would make it infinitely better. That just goes to show you how good it already is when those are the big items that need attention lol.
I still don’t get the cupholder comments. My 200 somehow holds all the drink container variations I have with no issues.

CarPlay and cupholders would keep me away from many vehicles, but not a big item on the Landcruiser for me.
Those are features I would want in a minivan/family truckster for my road trip to grandmas with my 32oz big gulp.

I still don’t get the cupholder comments. My 200 somehow holds all the drink container variations I have with no issues.

The two in the door hold a small water bottle and the two in the center console are small. I get by but I’d like a few more as they aren’t always used just for drinks.

CarPlay and cupholders would keep me away from many vehicles, but not a big item on the Landcruiser for me.
Those are features I would want in a minivan/family truckster for my road trip to grandmas with my 32oz big gulp.

I have a large Yeti with me everywhere I go and that’s almost always 2+ hours from the house lol.

Perfectly normal cycle of life. Guys like me who have owned LandCruisers for decades and are great brand ambassadors never buy new ones and likely wouldn't even if we could afford them.

Thank you, original owner, for your part in caring for my future LandCruiser. I hope the next five owners absorb the depreciation as gracefully as you have.

The two in the door hold a small water bottle and the two in the center console are small. I get by but I’d like a few more as they aren’t always used just for drinks.

I have a large Yeti with me everywhere I go and that’s almost always 2+ hours from the house lol.
The 20 ounce ones fit well in the middle. The large one fits well in between my legs. Well that's the way I do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom