40's Only 2021 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’m in my busy season at work, a week would be a miracle.
Well my long-lost uncle once said that the best place to do a shakedown is hundreds of miles from home in a remote wilderness. Come to think of it, I think that might have been the last thing he said to me before he became my long-lost uncle.

I have in-laws in town right now until next weekend after that I could probably swing a couple days of driving around between a couple of large wilderness areas.

And this is all basically in my backyard, so if anyone needs tools or a place to turn wrenches for a bit I'm in a good location.

I have in-laws in town right now until next weekend after that I could probably swing a couple days of driving around between a couple of large wilderness areas.
I got to doing some looking this morning. OnX doesn't show much between Anaconda and Hamilton, but I've driven that stretch before and remember it being quite scenic. Is there anything you know of in that general area we could make a day trip/overnight out of?

I got to doing some looking this morning. OnX doesn't show much between Anaconda and Hamilton, but I've driven that stretch before and remember it being quite scenic. Is there anything you know of in that general area we could make a day trip/overnight out of?
From Anaconda you could take Skalkaho over to Hamilton, there are a few nice camping spots off of the road up near the top, or turn down Sand Basin road to get away from Skalkaho a bit. It’s a nice shortcut between the Bitterroot and Phillipsburg or Anaconda.

From Anaconda you could take Skalkaho over to Hamilton, there are a few nice camping spots off of the road up near the top, or turn down Sand Basin road to get away from Skalkaho a bit. It’s a nice shortcut between the Bitterroot and Phillipsburg or Anaconda.

This. It's a dirt road, with some cool views.

Last edited:
Must fix the carnage from cruise Moab ....

PXL_20220430_220558775.jpg

Almost lost the locking hub but two trusty studs held on, the other 4 are sheared off in there

Pick a day so I can get motivated to get the wiring harness done on the 40.

need to bump this one back up. think i'm going to suggest mcarthy crk trail for this year's adventure. goes from boulder to elkhorn, i haven't done this one but it sounds like it's got a few challenging spots without danger of to much damage to our narrow 40's. if anyone would like to prerun it and see if it's worth the trip i'm pretty much done with work so available most anytime. if anyone has ran it let's hear a report, buddy did it with a full size pu and i believe his comment was once was enough as it's pretty narrow. let's hear other suggestions and get this one planned

need to bump this one back up. think i'm going to suggest mcarthy crk trail for this year's adventure. goes from boulder to elkhorn, i haven't done this one but it sounds like it's got a few challenging spots without danger of to much damage to our narrow 40's. if anyone would like to prerun it and see if it's worth the trip i'm pretty much done with work so available most anytime. if anyone has ran it let's hear a report, buddy did it with a full size pu and i believe his comment was once was enough as it's pretty narrow. let's hear other suggestions and get this one planned

Ron hopefully this will take you to a video of the trail that was posted this morning on Facebook. I'm not sure about the stocker 40's but when you want to go prerun it on a nicer weekend I'd be game once I fix the 40's hub studs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom