What year / year range is this FJ40? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can anyone identify the year / narrow down the year range of this FJ based on this picture of the back of it? Also possible worth? Im newer to the cruiser world and have seen this one parked undriven behind this house (not registered since 2020) and have been thinking about talking with the owner.

Thanks in advance!

image0.jpeg

Yeah has the pop out windows on the top, that looks like the newer style tire carrier also but not sure which years had that? Maybe started in 77

it's a : 4/78 FJ40LV-KCJA USA Spec. :D

note : , i am no longer making DATA ID Plates , please read this twice , thanks :confused:

DSCN1801.JPG

DSCN0206.JPG

wow, that was fast! without knowing much about it, only seeing this condition what prince range does this year go for?

u can NOT put a price or assign a monetary value to ORIGINAL UNICORN still un-caught out on the perimeter where there are no stars , still loose in the wild !

know that fact ......... ✨ 💫 ✨ 💫 ✨

i would empty my all my bank accounts and bleed them dry , for my current pipe dream land cruiser , a non-usa 70 series 3F Carb. w/ H55F DOUBLE CAB long wheel base pickup .

so , maybe you should consider my approach on this if the stars have aligned for you here and u feel the Cosmic Teq Energy deep within you like i suspect , you have

going on right now ...

1CDBFE1F-55D7-40A3-9E14-130314FD5006.jpeg

From what we can see the 2 things limiting the range are:
- Rear quarter window appeared in 08/1976 (also works with tube spare wheel carrier)
- Rear reflectors have a chrome ring, which disappeared in 01/1979

So that would make it a vintage 1977 or 1978.
Not sure how to be more precise from this one picture?

Ambulance doors, and wipers- my guess is 1978.

From what we can see the 2 things limiting the range are:
- Rear quarter window appeared in 08/1976 (also works with tube spare wheel carrier)
- Rear reflectors have a chrome ring, which disappeared in 01/1979

So that would make it a vintage 1977 or 1978.
Not sure how to be more precise from this one picture?
thank you so much! thats exactly what i was looking for!

I can confirm it's a 77 or 78. Ask me how I know...

Well, ToyotaMatt, 76 did not have the pop out windows, and the 79's bottom outside amby door corners were curved, not squared. Other than that I got nuttin.

8/76-1/79 is easy. If the window were clear of a reflection could see where the front seat belts mount and see if the seat belt and brake warning lights are on the dash. Those would narrow it down further.

The amount of cruiser nerds in these replies makes me :rofl: in a good way.
The rear is very close to my May 79 40

What everyone is trying to say is it is a 77-78 era and one of the years that has some good stuff on it. My choice would be a 78, but that is just me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom