Camping Equipment for Our Trucks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@uzj100
I had a sleeper dual drawer platform in my 100. I sold it 2 years ago and haven’t looked back. As @GLTHFJ60 said, I went with the fridge slide on the floor, especially since I have the Dometic 75DZ. I run a GZ Yeti1500x with 4 100W panels to power the fridge.

@uzj100
I had a sleeper dual drawer platform in my 100. I sold it 2 years ago and haven’t looked back. As @GLTHFJ60 said, I went with the fridge slide on the floor, especially since I have the Dometic 75DZ. I run a GZ Yeti1500x with 4 100W panels to power the fridge.
Thank you. I’m going to try a rtt. Ikamper skycamp 2x. I want dedicated cooking slide out, fridge and a place for recovery equipment and tools. This 100 will be dedicated camping truck. I want to retain the back seat. Some of kitchens seem very complicated. I have lots of research to do. Thank you again.

They become complicated as you add features. They don't have to be complicated.

This is mine. It expands past where the rear seats would be, but you could easily chop this down to the back of the rear seats. Pretty simple, just a slot for a fridge and a big flat drawer for holding everything. Inside the drawer is a collapsible table, coleman stove, all my cooking gear, along with spares/welder/jacks.

This is rev 5 of my ideal system, have had it for a year and a half. I love it.

PXL_20201021_233432501.jpg

PXL_20201025_220355664.jpg

That looks awesome. I will need to pick your brain and happy to provide beverages and cash as it looks like you have done all the homework. Looks like all the tracks and parts are available.

One thing that helped me was to apply KISS to your kitchen, fridge, and storage system. Drawers didn’t work for me because I had majority of my stuff packaged or in containers. I also wanted the fridge at a height that my family can access easily & safely.

While you are researching You might want to check out Victory4X4 for their interior cargo basket, upper shelf, and molle panels.

Revision 2 of my KISS drawer system.
Recovery gear, tools, hammocks, sleeping pads, camp axe, firestarters, and guy lines are in the drawer. We have camp bins that get loaded on top. I wanted the fridge as low as possible for the kids to spin around and access it while we were driving.

I'm not sure what to do with the space under the fridge.
1652499243085.png

My first version was a similar design but a little too simple with cubbie holes. Items stuffed deep in the cubbies were hard to reach or often lost or forgotten.

Under the fridge you can do a full extension slide shelf. Handy for sorting gear from the drawer or putting a stove/cookware junk on. If you did a drawer there, it would have to be so shallow that it probably wouldn't give much depth even if you used a 1/8" Luan sheet for the bottom. If nothing else, a shelf might keep your tailgate carpet from getting dirty from tools and such.

Interesting, real users with real set ups versus what the companies want you to use. Thank you!

FYI, I just posted a Hest Sleep System - Premium camping mattress in the "For sale" area. I am mentioning it here because of the threads on rear platforms. The Hest mattress system will be the perfect addition to a rear sleeping platform. Like new, I am selling only because it is a bit small for me. Thanks, Ted

Found this carbon steel pan at Williams Sonoma at the mall for $30. Imo it's the perfect size for camping.

PXL_20220723_201225348.MP.jpg
PXL_20220723_201220439.MP.jpg
PXL_20220723_201206922.MP.jpg

@GLTHFJ60 whats the size of that pan? I have been searching for a larger diameter sauté style pan and that appears to be 10-12” which would be perfect.

@GLTHFJ60 whats the size of that pan? I have been searching for a larger diameter sauté style pan and that appears to be 10-12” which would be perfect.

9.5"

Just picked up a spun steel camp oven.. to replace the cast iron one I have, about 1/3 the weight and larger @ 12" (so I can make pizza in it!).. can't wait to try that out when its not a thousand degrees out.

Currently looking for a pan that have some sort of folding handle and is fire proof and also not teflon.... I already made that mistake with my latest set of pots... so they will be for sale soon, they work great on a stove but not on a fire.

Found something that may top @GLTHFJ60 's Moonshine Motel, but only cause its swoopy and shiny. ;)

Screenshot_20220805-125415_Facebook.jpg

Went with the advice of the group and kept the fridge on the floor. I did get the slide and slide out table for extra flexibility.

I did a side opening fridge so when I install the emu type wing, I can get in the fridge from the side window.

I found these. I like this better than the emu wing. Would anyone be interested in the passenger side wing for a 100 series? I just want the driver side. They are sold in pairs.

I will get this installed and then save up for the drawer on the passenger side. I will probably do a arb mid height drawer with sliding top.

$10 rechargeable water pump that fits into a military jerry can.
1662156932476.png

I also bought a 6.5" USB fan that connects to my house battery panel in the rear of the truck.

Those lil pumps are the shizzit - I know I have charged them, but the charge seems to last forever. Great for 3 Gallon round bottles too.

Pro-tip: camp near John, and approach his site with a hungry puppy look on your face. Whatever he is cooking is better than yours.

To my best memory, @JohnVee is the only person to feed me cheek meat with his bare slimy hands - and I really liked it. Press "Like" if you too have eaten meat off the face of animal from John.

Wow . .that came out really weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom