I finally get the shop I have wanted for too long (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yep, or a shed/car/truck/wife. All worthwhile pursuits.

I took a short break today for some LC fun.

A7CFB427-547D-4B34-BC33-950ED76E7548.jpeg

I finally “finished” the insulation. It’s actually only 99%. But the remaining areas are all low and have been left out for strategic purposes. I’m glad to have this job behind me.

809DB574-8C8D-473B-8E2B-C410ACA7D368.jpeg

So Mike - and anyone else who has done metal on the interior of an insulated metal building. Did it or in Mike's case, do you think it will make it particularly louder in there vs some other product? I do not plan to do my ceiling but I have a line on some cheap thick metal that came off an industrial building and was going to use it on my walls after spray in insulation then put my electric in conduit on top of the metal.

@WarDamnEagle my lift is a Challenger VLE10. It is 208v but not 3phase. That is very expensive and I don’t know if it is available in my area.
I see lift prices are sure going up. That Challenger is the same price as a Bendpak XPR-9S. IIRC they used to be had for just over $3K. Not now. My neighbor has one installed he may want to get rid of as he has an industrial sitting outside begging for install. I have been tickling him about it.

So Mike - and anyone else who has done metal on the interior of an insulated metal building. Did it or in Mike's case, do you think it will make it particularly louder in there vs some other product? I do not plan to do my ceiling but I have a line on some cheap thick metal that came off an industrial building and was going to use it on my walls after spray in insulation then put my electric in conduit on top of the metal.
It will probably make it louder than sheet rock or wood. I’m not too worried about it. But I will say it is very quiet in the shop right now with all of the insulation backing absorbing all of the sound.

So it begins! The first piece is started. It’s going to be another slow roll with just the three of us. Me, myself and I!! I swear I can’t get any work out of those other two guys. Most days they don’t even show up. 😉

EBD58E03-123B-4A42-B524-6B714BCAFA6A.jpeg

E49843D8-9A1C-4CD6-B012-4B0BFE5DA2C6.jpeg

This is all great stuff. Congratulations on the shop! What is the other building that appears in quite a few of your pictures? Neighbors house or garage?

This is all great stuff. Congratulations on the shop! What is the other building that appears in quite a few of your pictures? Neighbors house or garage?
Thanks Mikey! The other building is my neighbors detached garage.

I made pretty good progress this evening. This is about 2.5 hours of work. BTW these are 14’ sheets. They’re a real blast on top of the scaffolding 😳. The high end is still loose so I can tuck the next sheet behind it.

ECD4E757-242A-49C4-B657-9514C1E2525A.jpeg

A little more progress. I think I’m about to get the hang of this 😉

Last night.
5E5A441C-608E-4284-8167-423FC713E1E4.jpeg

Tonight.

287DB1F2-9D3C-4F71-B505-30469B75C663.jpeg

I have sheetrock in the office areas, but the majority of my 7k sq ft shop is metal inside. I can't tell a difference in sound from sheetrock to metal. I like listening to music while I work and it sounds pretty good inside with big enough speakers. I run a pair of 400W JBL EON15 G2's.

If it's a wide open space with nothing in it I believe it will echo, but if you have stuff inside like vehicles, cabinets, machines, etc the sound waves scatter off your stuff and it doesn't echo even if the walls are metal.

I have sheetrock in the office areas, but the majority of my 7k sq ft shop is metal inside. I can't tell a difference in sound from sheetrock to metal. I like listening to music while I work and it sounds pretty good inside with big enough speakers. I run a pair of 400W JBL EON15 G2's.

If it's a wide open space with nothing in it I believe it will echo, but if you have stuff inside like vehicles, cabinets, machines, etc the sound waves scatter off your stuff and it doesn't echo even if the walls are metal.
Awesome. That is the input I was looking for. :beer:

One down 4 to go! It is difficult to get a good picture of this area.

5425852E-68E3-4E3D-B08A-E754338ABDA5.jpeg

That can't be easy.
Looks great!
HH it isn’t that difficult after I figured out a good method to handle the sheets single handed. Oh, the room is also developing an echo.

I also meant to ask about that mad max looking mini bike thing you have.
regarding the potential noise issues. I remember reading quite a while back about assembling "baffle boxes" or some sort of sound dampening panels and placing them in the corners of a room. I wonder if hanging a few from the ceiling would help?

@MrMikeyG the bike is a Rokon that I hope to get running. I think the echo will dissipate when the room and mezzanine are built and the rest of my tools and benches are in place.

After spending the entire holiday weekend cleaning and straightening sheet metal, I finally got a couple of days to hang some. I think I’m starting to get the hang of it 😉

588CC65A-AA87-4370-B7CF-D96FF74CE00D.jpeg

EF467DF1-058B-4134-9E09-D85229644F09.jpeg

814AAAB9-EB12-4714-865A-19A7E8989D75.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom