Builds GW Nugget's Family Haulin Lx450 build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes a dedicated wheeler is different.
I still daily drive mine also tow with it.

Thanks.
I was looking at the same shock set up on paper as you already have on your car.
Yep, they are the Slinky valved Icon 56511 fronts & the OME Ls in the rear.
I haven’t read your entire build thread yet but I’m curious as to why you run OME L shocks in the rear instead on the ICON supplied rear shocks included in the Slinky kit? Also curious as to what the advantages and disadvantages of the OME L shocks when paired with Slinky springs?

I haven’t read your entire build thread yet but I’m curious as to why you run OME L shocks in the rear instead on the ICON supplied rear shocks included in the Slinky kit? Also curious as to what the advantages and disadvantages of the OME L shocks when paired with Slinky springs?
Not sure where Gary is, he has been quite lately. (miss you Bro)
He has not run the Slinky springs in years, I was the last one to run them and there still setting in my shop. they were only on my reg for a few runs as I did not care for them. ;)

I have been quite because I have not made any changes to the rig besides the Delta front control 3L arms.
I havnt gone or done anything picture worthy to post this year, just to work & back daily.
The rear "L' shocks are still in the rear because when I went to the dual rate coils the stiffness of the shock went away & they still work great nor have they worn out.
My next set of rear shocks will be a non charged foam cell shock be it the IronMan or the adjustable ToughDog foam cell.
I still will want a charged shock up front & the 2.0 Slinky spec valved Icon 56511s are doing as good as the day I put them on.
The Icon 56511 bodied shock is the longest shock on the market that requires the least amount of bump stop, the exact amount depends on how much caster you have.
There is nothing wrong with my Slinky coils & have declined at least 20 offers to purchase them. In fact I'm very tempted to put them back on. The extra inch of uptravel makes things more fun while doing bombing runs in the desert & creek beds were I live.

Last edited:
Since I'm here I'll post a few pics of the new 3L Delta arms.
They come packaged very well for long journey's.
They did give more caster, approx just over 3.5" of correction, meaning good for a 3.5" of lift.
They are 1" forward from stock arms to clear 37s from the firewall.
20210825_181733.jpg

I hitch pined them to show the difference were the rear frame mount ends up. Roughly 35/8" of correction.
I cant remember how many degrees of correction they at this very moment.... ill find it & post here when I can.
20210825_183155.jpg

You can see they are longer.
20210825_182938.jpg

They give same tie rod clearance as my ground down stock arms.
20210825_183747.jpg

20210825_183755.jpg

I'm very happy with my purchase from @Delta VS

Yep, I need to cut off the emikieth drop brackets next.
20210909_172324.jpg

Last edited:
They did give more caster, approx just over 3.5" of correction, meaning good for a 3.5" of lift.
View attachment 2830268
I hitch pined them to show the difference were the rear frame mount ends up. Roughly 35/8" of correction.
I cant remember how many degrees of correction they at this very moment.... ill find it & post here when I can.
View attachment 2830269
View attachment 2830271
View attachment 2830272
View attachment 2830273

View attachment 2830274
got some good miles on them yet?

got some good miles on them yet?
Yes, about 2K daily, but sadlly zero off road.
Im glad I waited for the longer version. By the way how many degrees of correction is the "3L"?

Yes, about 2K daily, but sadlly zero off road.
Im glad I waited for the longer version. By the way how many degrees of correction is the "3L"?
juuuuust over 6*

Glad they are treating you well so far.

What information did you need/provide in order to go with the "3" series vs. the 5 vs. the 2/4/6?
Delta way is measure the front panhard bolts to level ground minus 1". Meaning frame bolt to ground maybe would be like 24" & axle panhard bolt 20" would be 4" difference is a 3" lift. Hope this helps.

View attachment 2830268
View attachment 2830269
View attachment 2830271
View attachment 2830272
View attachment 2830273

View attachment 2830274
What about giving us a full profile shot of your 450 so we can see the axle location.

What about giving us a full profile shot of your 450 so we can see the axle location.
It is exactly the same forward as the eimkeith brackets... 1" forward. I just have more caster now.

20200522_192420.jpg

Is there instructions posted somewhere I’m not seeing?

Delta way is measure the front panhard bolts to level ground minus 1". Meaning frame bolt to ground maybe would be like 24" & axle panhard bolt 20" would be 4" difference is a 3" lift.
IMG_1636 2.jpg

Pics make no sense. Two different tires Gary ????

Pics make no sense. Two different tires Gary ????
Yes, I agree we need to get pics of a 80 with uncut front fenders 37s on a 3" lift to make it more applicable.
@on the rocks just installed his Delta "5L" set on a 4" lift, maybe he can post up a strait on flat pic like mine to compare???
How is this one for you?
20210713_185653.jpg

Last edited:
Cut fenders make it difficult to see what the arms did. Looks good though.

Thanks for the post @on the rocks
I cropped & lightened up the pic because dark vehicles are hard to see.
1" seems to make a big difference, did the firewall rubbing go away?
Screenshot_20211109-152357.jpg

Added later: 3" suspension & 1" body Lift with the Delta 3L arms.
20220605_164721.jpg

Last edited:
The Slinky's are back on, I wanted to get another inch of up travel so I could do faster bombing runs in the desert environment where I live.
The Dobinson 146VT coils are softer & flex better for rock crawling but the Skinky's have a firmer sporty feel to them.
The Delta "3L" arms with stock frame mount bushing flex much better then the blue poly bushing I have been using.
I also installed a HD tie-rod from Slee.
Did some PMs & took a few glamor pics & even a video just for fun.
20220508_185114.jpg
20220508_185133.jpg
20220505_135956.jpg

Screenshot_20220505-142136.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom